+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common Law Sponsorship

jcs07

Feb 4, 2019
I am a permanent resident of Canada and have applied for citizenship last month. When I get my Canadian status, I am planning to live with my partner in the Philippines for 12 consecutive months then apply Common Law sponsorship. Is there a good chance that our application is going to be successful?? What are the things that we need to consider in this kind of application?

Thanks in advance!

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
I am a permanent resident of Canada and have applied for citizenship last month. When I get my Canadian status, I am planning to live with my partner in the Philippines for 12 consecutive months then apply Common Law sponsorship. Is there a good chance that our application is going to be successful?? What are the things that we need to consider in this kind of application?

Thanks in advance!
We are on the same boat. I am just waiting for the grant of my Citizenship too and then move back to the Philippines and live with him for a whole year or until I submitted his sponsorship papers. As long as you have all the supporting documents saying that we have been living together, like open a bank account, rent a housing lease on both your name, save all your expenses together, pictures and affidavits with friends and families on both sides that knows your relationship. As long as your relationship is genuine it will all work out.