App. Filed.......
20-01-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
HI guys, ive been reading the topics here and its been helpful, but i have some other questions though..i read some story of refusal for the reason of the io thinks relationship is not genuine, im a bit scared of that, im planing to submit my application soon, ive been in a common law realationship since june 2009, although i have few proofs of relationships, we had lease of contract which is newly notarized but the date says we lived together 1 yr and 4 months now, and some receipts showing name and adress,photos and satutory declaration from friends, do you think those documents will be enough to get approved?im just really gona be upset if i got refused again,, my tourist visa aplication was refused last aug. my relationship with my common law partner is for sure genuine , but idk how the processing center will asses it..anyone been refuse in common law application?any helpful advice wiill be highly apreciated , btw my common law partner coudnt provide option c print out cos hes been living in phil for 6 yrs now but he worked in canada for months on 2005 and 2007,, addtional info hes previously married i read in manual that needs to provide speartion agreement but his ex refuse to sign on anything no other reason just being bitch. hope for reply.. :(tnx

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
ariannecat said:
HI guys, ive been reading the topics here and its been helpful, but i have some other questions though..i read some story of refusal for the reason of the io thinks relationship is not genuine, im a bit scared of that, im planing to submit my application soon, ive been in a common law realationship since june 2009, although i have few proofs of relationships, we had lease of contract which is newly notarized but the date says we lived together 1 yr and 4 months now, and some receipts showing name and adress,photos and satutory declaration from friends, do you think those documents will be enough to get approved?
send as much info/proof as possible! anything counts!
we sent ours in Jan 2010 as common-law; we just received a letter asking for further information and a re-do of the police certificate from my contry of origin. In the letter immigration is asking me to provide further proof of us being together as common-law, we are now sending more letters from family & friends, copy of travel documents, our driver's licences showing our previous and current address, more bank statements, receipts of purchase of household furniture/items, telephone bill (we already sent all these documents, however the agent wants more documents dated 1 year prior our application was submitted: Jan 2010 to Jan 2009).

So anything you can gather as a proof of your relationship counts. I'd suggest you to include a letter explaining your past experience and future plans as a couple. Good luck!

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
ariannecat said:
btw my common law partner coudnt provide option c print out cos hes been living in phil for 6 yrs now but he worked in canada for months on 2005 and 2007
I believe he can request the C printout from Reveneu Canada, he has to call and ask for the one back in 2005, if he cannot obtain it, explain in your application the reason why it isn't available. Or call CIC and ask an agent what else can be submitted instead of the C printout

ariannecat

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
HI TNX SO MUch for reply,, unfortunatley those documnets i mentioned earlier is what i only got, we pay our electricoty and water to the landlord..while other bills like cable and internet is under my partners name cos hes the one using it and wnted it. old receipts showing adresses were trown out already i didnt keep them for i didnt know il be aplying for these. i only got new receipts which i just kept these june 2010. plus i got 3 statutory declaration from friends..when are you gona find out if ur application is approve?does my situtaion means i got less chance of getting approve?? :'(

silverbee

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15, 2010
File Transfer...
August 15, 2010
Passport Req..
November 9, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
I started a thread about this a few months ago when I was putting together my application:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t44714.0.html

I included:
A 25-page document with pictures inserted (in Word) with captions with about 60 pictures total that has an outline narrative of our relationship.
Joint Lease
Joint bank account
Joint adoption for our dog (no kids...)
Joint travel: tickets
TONS of mail to our address together, including government, bank, phone, friends, cards to each other, bills, hydro, etc.
Phone Records shoring our correspondence the few times we were away and also when we were together
Emails between the two of us

Plus a Cover Letter
Table of contents of all attachments
Narratives from both of us about our relationship (one chronological, one more personal)
Two stat declarations and two emails from friends/family

I think that was it...

Not that I know if it was enough yet... but hopefully soon...

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
ariannecat said:
HI TNX SO MUch for reply,, unfortunatley those documnets i mentioned earlier is what i only got, we pay our electricoty and water to the landlord..while other bills like cable and internet is under my partners name cos hes the one using it and wnted it. old receipts showing adresses were trown out already i didnt keep them for i didnt know il be aplying for these. i only got new receipts which i just kept these june 2010. plus i got 3 statutory declaration from friends..when are you gona find out if ur application is approve?does my situtaion means i got less chance of getting approve?? :'(
ask your landlord to write a letter saying that you and your partner pay the hidro bills to him.
If you don't have any other supportive documents, don't worry, every case is different, they might ask you to have an interview at your local CIC office.
Just to let you know, it took us 9.5 months to get a letter from immigration, saying that I need to provide further documents and a new set of police clearance from my country of origin, although our application has not been denied.

ariannecat

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
hi thanks for replying, i know its embarassing to ask this, but what will i put in the letter from my landlord that we pay our hydro and electric on them?can u give example?tnx so much :)

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
ariannecat said:
hi thanks for replying, i know its embarassing to ask this, but what will i put in the letter from my landlord that we pay our hydro and electric on them?can u give example?tnx so much :)
just mention in the letter how much you are paying to your landlord and that the utilities are included

example:

.....montly rent $ .00, utilities included (hydro, cable, etc).

something like that and it would be fine as long as your landlord signs the letter, it would be better if you can get it notirized.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Joint bank accounts......life insurance in each others names......a will......you need to prove that you are living in a marriage like relationship, not just boyfriend and girlfriend.

Letters from family, photos of you both meeting each others parents etc will all help the application. Do you have joint medical insurance? what about joint tax?....everything and anything that will help CIC pass the common law application.

B

buddhadimple

Hello there!

We were recently approved for my partner to have a Common Law Visa.

In terms of proof of the relationship, we included:

-Tenancy Agreement stating both our names at our current address
-Tenancy Agreement showing just his name at our previous address, but mail from the UK Government (things like my National Insurance Number) addressed to me at the same address
-A letter from his dad saying we lived with him for the short weeks before moving to our own address in the UK
-Copies of cashed cheques (printed from my online bank account history) stating "Rent for ___sponsor___ and ___applicant___" in the Memo section of the cheque showing we lived together in Canada (we didn't have a tenancy agreement).
-(Although not required) The Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union, sworn before three magistrates.
-Joint bank account
-Two Statutory Declarations from my mother and his mother stating they are aware of our relationship, support it, and support our future plans together.
-Several (maybe 5) printed e-mails from friends (not notorised) stating how they know us (whether they met us apart or together) and that they know about us and support us.
-A few e-mails and Facebook messages that show our relationship growing and our communication regarding what we want out of our relationship (this was done while we were living apart when we were deciding whether I should move to the UK). We e-mailed about whether we want to continue our relationship and how we want to achieve it, then how we grow throughout our relationship after I move to the UK ("you doin' dishes tonight?", etc)
-Searched each other's names in our e-mail inboxes and printed the screen that shows the inbox with only each other's names to show just how much we communicate via e-mail even during the time we live together.
-Mobile Phone statements printed from the internet, with his phone number highlighted (he has a pay-as-you-go so no statements) but the phone number matched the one he put on his application (these statements were addressed to the address we share).
-An EXPIRED life insurance form stating my partner as the beneficiary (it was part of the employment package but obviously expired when I quit that job, which I stated in the application)
-A "Timeline of Our Relationship" which included events like, "Met here on this date, went out together here on this date, a collection of photos from the summer together and all the things we did, moved in together on this date, moved to the UK on this date, we lived here, then here, then here; we worked here, then here, then here, etc."

Every event had its own "Section" which included all the proof we could muster that that event took place. So we had a Table of Contents which showed what the event was, what proof we included, and what section to find it in (e.g. "Met at work on this date in Section 1" --> Go to Section One --> Includes Tax Returns, Tax Slips, Pay Slips, Bank Statements showing the same depositor, pictures from work, etc.)

Our (outland) application took 2 months and 3 weeks to be approved from start to finish.

Hope that helps.

ariannecat

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
WOW thats really fast..congrats, unfortunately we don have jonint acount and dont have tax etc, he doesnt have acr here in ph thats why he cant open an acount, we have lease photos,stats,ariline tickets,im still hoping for the best.

FleetingDasein

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
07-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-01-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
30-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-04-2011
I applied recently, and I included the following:

Love letters - a whole lot of them!
Greeting cards (Christmas, birthdays, etc) from family and friends.
Emails spanning a 3 year period.
About 30 Pictures - By season, starting from Winter 2007 until Winter 2010.
Time-line of Relationship.
Copy of joint lease.
A letter from our landlord.
3 Letters (One from my fiance's father, grand-uncle, and a friend)
Statutory declaration of common law union.