+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common Law Sponsorship Question(s)

Misternixster

Aug 7, 2018
Greetings all,

My girlfriend and I have been in a long distance relationship for over a year before her coming over to Canada from Germany on Sept. 1, 2017 to live with me.

We are now on the path working on a Common law spousal sponsorship and we've both been diligently doing research to compile our case. We've also come across a mention of this "Declaration of Common Law" document that some of you have mentioned included in your package. Regarding that, my gf is planning to leave on August 31st 2018 and if we decide to pursue this Declaration, would our time together be considered 12 months of cohabitation? Even though its technically 364 days and not 365..?

I know, its a small technicality but I'd appreciate any insight from you all.

Thanks!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Greetings all,

My girlfriend and I have been in a long distance relationship for over a year before her coming over to Canada from Germany on Sept. 1, 2017 to live with me.

We are now on the path working on a Common law spousal sponsorship and we've both been diligently doing research to compile our case. We've also come across a mention of this "Declaration of Common Law" document that some of you have mentioned included in your package. Regarding that, my gf is planning to leave on August 31st 2018 and if we decide to pursue this Declaration, would our time together be considered 12 months of cohabitation? Even though its technically 364 days and not 365..?

Thanks!
You really should make every effort to comply with the absolute minimum requirements. Otherwise, just what is the "acceptable cutoff" for IRCC.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Greetings all,

Thanks!
Common law is one year, 365 days, not 364