+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-law sponsorship documents. Please help.

Anna007

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Vancouver
Hello guys! We are applying for common-law soon.
I have a few questions regarding the documents package. I would appreciate if someone can clarify on that.
1. I changed my address on BCID card and it falls under government-issued document but when I changed it the officer just put a sticker on a card with a new address, can we still use it?
Is there any way to request a record that I have changed it in a past?
2. I have MSP bills, are those considered as government-issued documents?
3. My partner added me on Hydro account as a spouse and granted the access, but it does not show my name in the bill, can we submit a screenshot of the account as relationship evidence?
Thank you in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys! We are applying for common-law soon.
I have a few questions regarding the documents package. I would appreciate if someone can clarify on that.
1. I changed my address on BCID card and it falls under government-issued document but when I changed it the officer just put a sticker on a card with a new address, can we still use it?
Is there any way to request a record that I have changed it in a past?
2. I have MSP bills, are those considered as government-issued documents?
3. My partner added me on Hydro account as a spouse and granted the access, but it does not show my name in the bill, can we submit a screenshot of the account as relationship evidence?
Thank you in advance!
Would submit anything you think may add proof of your address. Yes MSP bills will count if your name and address or on them. Also dates help on mail to show that you have continued to live together.

Anna007

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Vancouver
Would submit anything you think may add proof of your address. Yes MSP bills will count if your name and address or on them. Also dates help on mail to show that you have continued to live together.
Okay. Thank you! Just to double-check, if you are aware, is it okay to submit BCID with a sticker on it (the officer put it when I requested an address change).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Okay. Thank you! Just to double-check, if you are aware, is it okay to submit BCID with a sticker on it (the officer put it when I requested an address change).
You can submit it but the important proofs are dated proofs showing you both living at that address together for at least a year.