+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-law Sponsorship after barely 1 year

• Thread starter Deleted member 802445
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 802445

You don't need to notarize your other letters or provide a copy of their ID.

If you can get the lease re-done, do it. As you were both living there, paying rent and the landlord was aware of that, it is not fraudulent.
So affidavit/statutory declaration is virtually the same as getting it notarized? The only difference is commissioner of oaths vs notary public.

I think my best bet would be to get the lease re-done if our landlord accepts.

I have a last question, maybe you know the answer. Officially we'll have been living together on the 24th of August 2019 but our lease ends on the 22nd. We're going to visit a friend in Thailand for a few days and then when we come back we have 2 different AirBnb booked. I should be able to get a letter from my Thai friend and a screenshot of our AirBnb reservations. For our past addresses should we put that in the forms or it's not needed as it's seen like travel?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So affidavit/statutory declaration is virtually the same as getting it notarized? The only difference is commissioner of oaths vs notary public.

I think my best bet would be to get the lease re-done if our landlord accepts.

I have a last question, maybe you know the answer. Officially we'll have been living together on the 24th of August 2019 but our lease ends on the 22nd. We're going to visit a friend in Thailand for a few days and then when we come back we have 2 different AirBnb booked. I should be able to get a letter from my Thai friend and a screenshot of our AirBnb reservations. For our past addresses should we put that in the forms or it's not needed as it's seen like travel?
The same. The only difference is how they are used.

List the address, as it counts as a part of your common-law time.