10/06/2014
AOR Received.
28/10/2013
Med's Done....
17/09/2013
Passport Req..
25/06/2014
Hi,

My boyfriend and I have been together 2 and a half years and applied common law sponsorship through Argentina back in October 2013. We have yet to hear from the immigration office but were hoping it would approved before his medical expires in September. I have to travel back to Canada in August for a wedding and my partner unfortunately cant come with me. I may stay in Canada for a little while since I have not been back in a long time. How long are we able to be apart before it affects our common law status? Will there be an issue if I go back to Canada before he gets approved. I want to start setting up our life there so its more comfortable when he arrives. Anybody know about this? or have information? Will I need to come back to South.America so that it doesnt affect our application?

Thanks!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
caitij said:
Hi,

My boyfriend and I have been together 2 and a half years and applied common law sponsorship through Argentina back in October 2013. We have yet to hear from the immigration office but were hoping it would approved before his medical expires in September. I have to travel back to Canada in August for a wedding and my partner unfortunately cant come with me. I may stay in Canada for a little while since I have not been back in a long time. How long are we able to be apart before it affects our common law status? Will there be an issue if I go back to Canada before he gets approved. I want to start setting up our life there so its more comfortable when he arrives. Anybody know about this? or have information? Will I need to come back to South.America so that it doesnt affect our application?

Thanks!
None of what you are doing will affect your application as your were living together when it was filed in October. You could have even been living apart for a longer period of time before applying. As long as you reached the 12 month mark.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You can be apart during the entire common-law application process if you want. That is quite common for PR sponsors who must remain in Canada, and applicants who can't get visas to come to Canada.