+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-law - proof of relationship .. what supportive documents ?

ph.cdr

Dec 2, 2016
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
what kind of common-law documents I do need to proof our relationship?

If here is already similar topic, please send me a link and lock it :)

Thank you

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
There's quite a few threads. Just google "common law proof canadavisa".

Anyway, I am producing 4 leases, joint cc statements from 2 accounts, bills and letters to same addresses and photos. This covers 5.5 years of a relationship.

Reactions: seemefree

seemefree

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
There's quite a few threads. Just google "common law proof canadavisa".

Anyway, I am producing 4 leases, joint cc statements from 2 accounts, bills and letters to same addresses and photos. This covers 5.5 years of a relationship.
Sorry to bump in here....I would really appreciate your feedback since it is the same topic.

I have the following, would that be enough as proof of Common Law existence?

1) Flat Lease agreement from October 2016 to Current (Dec 2017) - Signed by Owner, partner and I.
Since it is backdated, notaries refuse to notarize it. Is it fine that it is just the original lease, signed and dated by all parties?
2) Joint Bank Account Reference letter - Opened the account in October 2017 and will apply for PR in Dec 2017. The account statement only indicates the primary account holders name so I will request the bank to create a reference letter stating that Bank account number XYZ, Primary holder - my name, Joint holder - partner's name
3) We have loads of pictures together from different trips we took together. I have put together 30 pictures just in case.
4) 3 x Airbnb/reservation receipts from travel together - showing me and my partner as occupants for particular dates (these dates will match with the travel history that my partner and I will indicate)
5) Rent payment transfer slip - Payment going out from our joint account for the rent of December. Note indicates : Payment for Apartment located at XYZ location on behalf of my partners name and my name
6) Since my partner and I studied together, I also have a reference letter from my university on their letterhead, for me and my partner separately - stating name, graduation date and address

Will the above suffice? Will it represent our case strongly? since neither of us have any ties with Canada yet, are not married and will be applying straight off as common law partners from a 3rd country.

As I understand, the most powerful proof is the lease agreement. Since it cannot be notarized due to being backdated, will that be an issue? Any other areas I could tighten, that you notice?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!