+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common law partner Venezuela


Nov 30, 2014

I'm writing about i doubt i have. I live in Venezuela with my girlfriend and we are planning to go to Canada for tourism. When we are filling the forms for temporary resident visa, it says i have to declare my common law partner, and fill out application form IMM 5409, but in order to be valid i need a signature from a commissioner of oath.

Since in Venezuela same sex union is not legal, i really dont know what i'm supossed to do, because i'm covering for all travel expense since my girlfriend is a student. If we dont apply for the visa together, most probably they will denie hers.

I really hope you can help me with this case,

Thanks a lot,