+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-law partner proof

parassantra

Apr 10, 2018
Hi all:
I am sponsoring my GF for a common-law partner. I came to Canada 2 years back and we are together since and known each other since 2016. we have attached lots of proofs like:
  • Shared lease for 2 years
  • Joint electricity bills - 1 year
  • She has phone account with both of our numbers, and I am the authorized user(screenshot for that and 1 bill print of showing both of the numbers and the same address)
  • 20 photos(since Jan 2016)
  • Joint account statements for 11 months
  • Joint Credit card statement for 11 months
  • Shared Car insurance
  • Shared car purchase
  • Driving license with the same address
  • Costco shared membership
  • Air travels with same plane or near about same timeline(due to office leave policies, both of us had different returning dates)
  • Letters from our friends and family stating we know each other from years and soon we will be married and they support us. (Signed and with their id proofs)
I am concerned about the Joint account statements as they are only 11 months since we joined them. We don't want to wait more for 1 month and want to apply asap. Is that okay? Should we go ahead and apply it? any perspective?

Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all:
I am sponsoring my GF for a common-law partner. I came to Canada 2 years back and we are together since and known each other since 2016. we have attached lots of proofs like:
  • Shared lease for 2 years
  • Joint electricity bills - 1 year
  • She has phone account with both of our numbers, and I am the authorized user(screenshot for that and 1 bill print of showing both of the numbers and the same address)
  • 20 photos(since Jan 2016)
  • Joint account statements for 11 months
  • Joint Credit card statement for 11 months
  • Shared Car insurance
  • Shared car purchase
  • Driving license with the same address
  • Costco shared membership
  • Air travels with same plane or near about same timeline(due to office leave policies, both of us had different returning dates)
  • Letters from our friends and family stating we know each other from years and soon we will be married and they support us. (Signed and with their id proofs)
I am concerned about the Joint account statements as they are only 11 months since we joined them. We don't want to wait more for 1 month and want to apply asap. Is that okay? Should we go ahead and apply it? any perspective?

Thanks in advance!
Ideally you should wait another month however your evidence looks pretty good. Any reason why you can't wait the month and want to go now?

- Can you get a phone bill that dates back to at least one year?
- Can you get a car insurance statement that dates back to at least 1 year?
- Air travel and photos don't prove cohabitation just that you are in a relationship.

Reactions: mashulia_26