+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common law inland extend OWP COVID 19

Nana0808

Jul 28, 2020
Hey all!
I have applied for a common-law sponsorship application and open work permit through physical mail with my partner, and it arrived on March 12th ish. My current OWP expired July 5th, and my application arrived to Mississauga Centre three months ago before my current visa expired . Due to COVID 19, my app seems to have not been opened yet , Does it means my OWP is on implied status so that I can still working or I have no status now ???

bian07

May 19, 2017
You have implied status. If your application gets sent back for whatever reason, you will be out of status though and need to restore it to be eligible for the work permit

Nana0808

Jul 28, 2020
You have implied status. If your application gets sent back for whatever reason, you will be out of status though and need to restore it to be eligible for the work permit
GREAT, I can continue to work, I got so board by only stay home do nothing .Thank you so much bian07 for the fast reply. I was so nervous these days so I called the call Centre two days ago, and the lady who was on the phone saids The processing Centre now working on Feb 15th cases, and mine has not been opened yet, So until they open my application I don’t have status and I should stop working right now. But my friends also told me she was wrong !

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What was your previous WP status? You have implied status but it wasn’t from a WP extension. Still not clear If you shoukd have continued working.