+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common Law from Non-accompanying to Accompanying due to Pregnancy

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
Why everyone seems thinking that I wasn't honest? I am and was completely honest.

Everyone in this forum just tries to scare people applying with spouses non-accompanying while they are already in Canada. Some applicants alone can have a higher score without a spouse and they can mention that as a reason while applying with spouse non-accompanying, by asking for a reason, I think IRCC just wants to verify that you understand what you are doing.

It is your right to put your spouse under application or not based on your different family circumstances. In my opinion, lying to IRCC means that while you have a common-law/married marital status you do not mention anything to them that you have a partner/spouse.

To sum up, I completely understand that one of the reasons was also a low score, but not the main one, because I could wait a couple more months to get extra points for work experience, but at that time she wasn't sure about immigrating, applying for a study permit or going back home. In addition, it's just a girlfriend with whom you live together. One day her name is Lisa, the other is Alexa. Why that should affect your application?

I have a bit different situation, where my partner got pregnant, while my application is in progress, as my common-law partner she anyway requires and passed a medical exam and so on. I'm just thinking if I need to add her to my application accompanying me or to wait for its approval and I can sponsor her after or if I add her now, what impact it be on my application.
what are the IRCC asking for ? no one said you wasnt honest, what you have written is a little confusing. Im in the same situation, so i was really just asking what answer you gave them for your spouse not to be accompaying when she is already in canada.

entlastet

Jan 4, 2020
what are the IRCC asking for ? no one said you wasnt honest, what you have written is a little confusing. Im in the same situation, so i was really just asking what answer you gave them for your spouse not to be accompaying when she is already in canada.
Let's say when I submitted my profile, I've been asked to provide a reason why my common-law will no accompany me. I said, "My girlfriend doesn't want to immigrate to Canada for now".

During my application in progress, I've been requested for additional documents to verify if my common-law won't accompany me under my application. I just replied back that yes, she won't accompany me.

That's pretty much it. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Pgill2609

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
Let's say when I submitted my profile, I've been asked to provide a reason why my common-law will no accompany me. I said, "My girlfriend doesn't want to immigrate to Canada for now".

During my application in progress, I've been requested for additional documents to verify if my common-law won't accompany me under my application. I just replied back that yes, she won't accompany me.

And they haven't said anything about her already being in canada? Just wait and see , but regarding your orginal question I'm not sure if you have to withdraw your application or wait ti pr and then get her pr which you can do.

entlastet

Jan 4, 2020
And they haven't said anything about her already being in canada? Just wait and see , but regarding your orginal question I'm not sure if you have to withdraw your application or wait ti pr and then get her pr which you can do.
They haven't said and asked me for anything else yet after additional documents request.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

There was no point in lying. Based on your own admission it is about points.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spouse-not-include-in-express-entry.671751/

entlastet

Jan 4, 2020
This is the truth that it was only about CRS if we are talking about that particular moment, but before applying for express entry, I discussed that with my girlfriend and I was pretty sure she will accompany me in my application, but was shocked that she said that she is not sure about immigrating to Canada because she can’t find a good job. To get a good one she needs to get a Canadian degree and improve the language.

She decided on trying studying and immigrate later on her own, or I can sponsor her later, depending on if she makes a life decision live or not to live in Canada for the rest of the life.

And this situation with pregnancy happens, so as I said I’m so confused now on how to act better. It’s nice example of real life and how many different applicants with different life scenarios could be inside Express Entry.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
There is not a lot to discuss.

You can raise a CSE and change the status of your partner to accompanying. Your CRS score will be recalculated, If the score falls below the cut off for your round, your application will be rejected. If it stays above, you will be fine.

That's it.

Regarding your partner being in Canada yet non-accompanying and your explanation, an immigration officer will decide.

Reactions: entlastet