+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-law. EU national already in Canada like Visitor.

Mars69

Oct 13, 2020
Hello. Please help me fill the form. I will be applying for PR in family class. common-law relationship. I am currently in Canada. I am here since my arrival in July 2019. I have a visitor record and extending my visitor status( now on implied status). My partner is a Canadian citizen. Please tell me should I like Czech national fill travel out of Czech(origin) or travels out of Canada(temp. resident - visitor) and my partner( Canadian) should fill the travels out of Canada?
I am getting stucked on these.. :D

Mars69

Oct 13, 2020
Which forms in particular are you talking about?
Oh sorry. I mean form IMM 5562. Supplementary Information: Your Travels. I am currently over an year time in Canada (Visitor status) and applying for Common-law sponsorship Visa, Open Work Permit and Permanent Residency in one envelope. Should I fill travels out of my country of Residency( which i think is Canada in my case) and it would be none, because I have never left Canada since I have arrived. Or it should be travels out of my country of Origin, when i lived there?
And same for my Canadian common-law partner. Does she have to fill her travels out of Canada?
Thank you for the answers.

Ottawagal

Aug 18, 2019
For your common-law partner she does not need to fill this put as she is not included in the application.

For you it would be trips outside of your country of origin (Czech republic) over the last 10 years assuming you have never resided anywhere else in that period aside from Canada.

You could theoretically include your trip to Canada as a temporary resident in order to clarify that you have not left Canada.

Basically make it a timeline of travel

Mars69

Oct 13, 2020
For your common-law partner she does not need to fill this put as she is not included in the application.

For you it would be trips outside of your country of origin (Czech republic) over the last 10 years assuming you have never resided anywhere else in that period aside from Canada.

You could theoretically include your trip to Canada as a temporary resident in order to clarify that you have not left Canada.

Basically make it a timeline of travel
Thank You! Great help!!!
So for my travels out of my country of origin I follow my passport stamps and fill the form according them? What if I am able to track my travels on my passport only for last 8 years?
And If for example, I made long trip to SE Asia, but I flew to Thailand and then flew back from Thailand, do I state just my flight to Thailand and not other visits to other countries(Vietnam,Cambodia,Laos) from my primary country of arrival? I made few of this long tourist trips, sill keeping my status of residency in my country of origin.

Ottawagal

Aug 18, 2019
Really as you are documenting your travels you should include every country you visited and the amount of time spent there.

I don't know what to say about travel you don't remember and don't have a way of tracking except perhaps do your best?