+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common law documents check list. Please help.

Anna007

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Vancouver
Hello everyone.
My boyfriend and I are planning to apply for common law sponsorship soon.
As for document checklist( government issued documents) we are including BCIDs with the same address, should we just take a picture of them? How can we prove that it’s been a year since the address has been changed?
Also if we’re including hydro bills under both names do those have to be from one year period? He added my name a lot later ( about 4-5 months ago), so just wondering if we have to wait more so we have sufficient amount of evidence.
Appreciate your help!

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
A lease with both of your names would be helpful to prove your 1 year cohabitation. Yes, all proofs need to show that you have lived together for 1 continuous year before submission date.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone.
My boyfriend and I are planning to apply for common law sponsorship soon.
As for document checklist( government issued documents) we are including BCIDs with the same address, should we just take a picture of them? How can we prove that it’s been a year since the address has been changed?
Also if we’re including hydro bills under both names do those have to be from one year period? He added my name a lot later ( about 4-5 months ago), so just wondering if we have to wait more so we have sufficient amount of evidence.
Appreciate your help!
What proofs do you actually have that show you both living at the same address for at least one year?

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
simple amazon delivery's, first day i moved in my fiancee apt. i ordered stuff ,not knowing that help my app alot ,
petro and esso points , work insurance plan old and new i changed jobs , dental appointments, FB post from wey back "screen shots"