+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-law application rejected because of missing Marriage Certificate?

arnaud

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-07-2013
Med's Request
01-02-2014
Med's Done....
06-02-2014 Received 18-02-2014
LANDED..........
05-03-2014
Did you submit a IMM 5409 - Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union? If not, I'd recommend putting that in there too.
I did not, but I'll definitely submit that this time, thanks for pointing that out!

It does say in the checklist that "This is not mandatory and your application will still be accepted for processing if you do not submit any formal documentation", but I'm not leaving anything to chance this time around!

dreamscanadian

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-10-2020
I did not, but I'll definitely submit that this time, thanks for pointing that out!

It does say in the checklist that "This is not mandatory and your application will still be accepted for processing if you do not submit any formal documentation", but I'm not leaving anything to chance this time around!
We used this form for so many things - it is worth having and I would definitely include it this round. We even included it in our married packet since it shows the history ( we started the process when we were common law but didn't submit it until we were married.)

Reactions: arnaud

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

It really is not mandatory and by itself doesn't mean much, but given the circumstances, don't blame you for including. At least can't hurt.

Reactions: arnaud

dreamscanadian

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-10-2020
It really is not mandatory and by itself doesn't mean much, but given the circumstances, don't blame you for including. At least can't hurt.
It is an extra thing. All the extra things add up. :) If it says "optional" and you can do it - do it!