Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
26-01-2011
I have a boyfriend living in Alberta Canada. I am from Holland. We have been in a relationship for a little over 3 years now. I have already used up my two working visa´s for Canada.
We were looking at the family sponsor visa for common law (since we already lived together in Canada once for a year) but there is a certain amount of money that my boyfriend should have earned in the passed 12 month (which he hasn´t). We are a bit desperate and I was wondering if any one knows what would happen if I would just leave to Canada and start the inland application..
I have also read that when you do inland it takes longer. That is ok, we have been apart a lot in our relationship already and now want to be together asap..
But next to that it says Inland: open work permit // Outland: regular work permit.

**What is the difference (in easy-ness to apply and time of application) between an open work permit and a regular work permit?
**Can I just go into Canada (with like a return ticket) and then just stay in Canada? So not using the return of my return ticket.
**Which forms (I know the list already pretty good I think..) do I need to get BEFORE leaving to Canada?
**Could I start with the outland application and then go to Canada and simply switch to the inland application (is this a good idea..?)

If you know a bit more about this, or have an idea of how to handle this situation best, please respond! I miss him very much and I would love if we could be together.. Thank you in advance..!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BaukjeBecka said:
I have a boyfriend living in Alberta Canada. I am from Holland. We have been in a relationship for a little over 3 years now. I have already used up my two working visa´s for Canada.
We were looking at the family sponsor visa for common law (since we already lived together in Canada once for a year) but there is a certain amount of money that my boyfriend should have earned in the passed 12 month (which he hasn´t). We are a bit desperate and I was wondering if any one knows what would happen if I would just leave to Canada and start the inland application..
I have also read that when you do inland it takes longer. That is ok, we have been apart a lot in our relationship already and now want to be together asap..
But next to that it says Inland: open work permit // Outland: regular work permit.

**What is the difference (in easy-ness to apply and time of application) between an open work permit and a regular work permit?
**Can I just go into Canada (with like a return ticket) and then just stay in Canada? So not using the return of my return ticket.

Can you buy an "open" return ticket which valid up to one year?

**Which forms (I know the list already pretty good I think..) do I need to get BEFORE leaving to Canada?

Are you holding a passport from one of the visa-exempted countries?

**Could I start with the outland application and then go to Canada and simply switch to the inland application (is this a good idea..?)

If you want to be with him sooner, you can also start inland application after having a visitor visa to come to Canada

If you know a bit more about this, or have an idea of how to handle this situation best, please respond! I miss him very much and I would love if we could be together.. Thank you in advance..!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
BaukjeBecka said:
We were looking at the family sponsor visa for common law (since we already lived together in Canada once for a year) but there is a certain amount of money that my boyfriend should have earned in the passed 12 month (which he hasn´t).
Your boyfriend doesn't need a certain amount of money to sponsor you. Someone who is sponsoring his/her spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner is exempt from the income requirements.
Yes. You do not need a visa to enter Canada, so probably will have no problem coming here. Sometimes the border officials will ask you a lot of questions; it's best to say you are coming for a visit and show your return ticket. They may want evidence you will be returning to Holland.
You can't switch your application. You can come back to Canada and stay with your boyfriend while waiting for either an 'outland' or an 'inland' application. 'Outland' and 'inland' do not refer to where you are, or where your sponsor is. It refers to where the application will be processed. 'Outland' applications are usually a lot faster. You can wait in Canada while it is being processed. If they require an interview, you will have to go back to Europe for it.