+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Coming to canda after applying for asylum in us

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Yes. The fact that you withdrew your claim to see your grandfather will make it seem like you are not really in fear for your life. Your claim will most likely be rejected. Also, were you truthful about your withdrawn asylum claim in the US? If not, you will be banned for misrepresentation for 5 years.

Last edited:

Mustafaalni

Nov 3, 2019
Its not my home country its another country iam from iraq and i went to jordan and yes i said the truth about it and i have the prove
Thank you for reply

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Its not my home country its another country iam from iraq and i went to jordan and yes i said the truth about it and i have the prove
Thank you for reply
Iraq and Jordan share a border correct? Just because your passport does not show you flying to Iraq does not mean IRCC will not investigate whether you crossed Karameh or not. Not accusing, just saying that there have been plenty who has done that so be ready for it to be a question. If you really did let IRCC know about your withdrawn asylum claim on your student visa application then that is good. Good luck.

Also, your grandfather is from Jordan? Not Iraq? Are you also in danger in Jordan?

Mustafaalni

Nov 3, 2019
No i didnt my family already live in jordan from along time and i am asking about the third country agreement if it will be probelm for me but i found that there are 4 expectations and meet 2 of them i have a family member how is candian citizens and i have a valid visa thank you for your help

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
No i didnt my family already live in jordan from along time and i am asking about the third country agreement if it will be probelm for me but i found that there are 4 expectations and meet 2 of them i have a family member how is candian citizens and i have a valid visa thank you for your help
So to clarify, did you ever live in Iraq? Or have you been living in Jordan before you went to the US? I think that since you say you have a student permit, the best way to stay in Canada is to finish a 2 year course and get a PGWP which is an easier path to immigration. The fact that you have family in Jordan and seem to be safe there will go against an asylum claim.

Mustafaalni

Nov 3, 2019
Yes i was in iraq before going to jordan and now because i finished my study in jordan i cant get permanent residents any more and family live there because my mother is married to jordanian citizens and she cant help me with my resident because i am over 21

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Yes i was in iraq before going to jordan and now because i finished my study in jordan i cant get permanent residents any more and family live there because my mother is married to jordanian citizens and she cant help me with my resident because i am over 21
So the danger that you are in from Jordan is that you can’t be a resident? What kind of danger where you in from Iraq? Do you have proof? Again, highly suggest that you pursue permanent residence here via your student visa to PGWP as it gives you a good chance. Asylum is not easy and once you are rejected, your chances of travelling to developed countries go down. Get a lawyer.

Mustafaalni

Nov 3, 2019
Yes i cant stay there and in iraq i am in high danger and i got proof and for the lawyer iam absolutely going to get one when i come to canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would highly suggest you consult a lawyer before claiming asylum. Your previous asylum claim in the US will likely result in a refusal in Canada due to new regulations.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The best way to secure PR is to actually study, qualify for PGWP and work to qualify for PR. You have so many issues with your application like living in Jordan and not in Iraq and already filing for asylum in the US.