Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Hello folks, been a while.

I am wondering if there are any forums regarding what to expect during the "arrived in Canada quarantine period".

Things change daily, and apparently the experience we had a month ago is already outdated.

Back in May I have a friend who had police officers "dropping by" their "quarantine residence" to verify compliance twice during their quarantine period.
In September we got 1 phone call from the health unit and an email from the government explaining the rules.
Now in October we're getting individual phone calls for every member of the household (including toddlers) with a requirement to verbally participate in a questionnaire regarding quarantine rules.

Can anyone else share their experiences, or point me to a place where people are sharing these experiences?

Happy trails.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
They recently announced that they've added a lot more compliance officers to make quarantine calls/check-ups, so that's probably why your experience has changed from that of your friend. I'm happy to see that they are actually doing what they said they would.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Yeah, that's why I'm looking to see what experiences others are having with this.

It seems to change by the day and is different in every municipality, but it'd be great to have an idea of what to expect.

I'm hoping they don't ask me to put my 4-year-old on the phone, or physically verify that my 18-month old is in our residence while she's having her nap, but you never know.

I'm really surprised that there isn't more of a community of people sharing their quarantine experiences, maybe people think it's a negative thing.
Quarantine doesn't mean diseased, just means we're stuck at home and baking a little more than usual!

Reactions: bellaluna

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah, that's why I'm looking to see what experiences others are having with this.

It seems to change by the day and is different in every municipality, but it'd be great to have an idea of what to expect.

I'm hoping they don't ask me to put my 4-year-old on the phone, or physically verify that my 18-month old is in our residence while she's having her nap, but you never know.

I'm really surprised that there isn't more of a community of people sharing their quarantine experiences, maybe people think it's a negative thing.
Quarantine doesn't mean diseased, just means we're stuck at home and baking a little more than usual!
They won't make you wake up your children. If they ever ask for proof, which I doubt they will, I suggest offering to go on skype and show them in person.