+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COMING to CANADA 1st time what to bring?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
List of the main items that go in the carry-on OR check-in:

• Passport
  • Visa and COPR
  • Money and credit/debit cards (notify the bank about your trip prior your departure)
  • Have some cash in Canadian dollars You can get from Western Union or Money Gram. Try Canadian coins too , may need to call. These days whatsapp does the trick. And most Airports have FREE wi-fi incl DELHI. But I needed Loonies or coins at Toronto to get a cart for luggage.
  • A list of important phone numbers
  • A doctor’s note translated into English and prescription medicine
  • Contact lenses with the container, 2 set of glasses, sunglasses (if applicable)
  • A camera and charges
  • Laptop with charger (most have international voltages)
  • A change of clothes, toothbrush and toothpaste (in case your luggage is delayed)
  • Small makeup bag for men/women : carry small paste, toothbrush all others things but no liquids over 50 ml? or sharp things
  • NON-slippery warm shoes
  • I buy and use Foot Deodorant Sport Spray since you don't wanna give smell to fellow passengers, but then keep it in check-in luggage, British Airways used to give out FREE socks for relaxing
  • Your personal mobile with charger which will accept Canadian SIM cards as we have no restrictions now
  • Personal GOLD jewelry. There is NO LIMIT on GOLD for 1st time arriving in Canada= confirmed
  • I recommend Winter Warm Underpants as when Airplane goes 33000 your legs may feel colder ( depending on your age )
  • My mom before flying used 2 tabs/day for 2 days so her ankles/legs won't swell. I think it was water pills or diuretics.
  • I recommend EAR PLUGS for all ages it is a real good thing if you wanna sleep. Also helps to reduce disturbances, ringing etc. We see kids Or fellow passenger bugging u too much :) crying very loudly when airplane lands, that is because Cabin pressure
  • Carry a Ball pen , most passengers starts to borrow from each other to fill out Canada Customs Form which they will give you before landing.
  • IF you want to import more things then declare at arrival;- " Goods to Follow" goods on a sep form
LIKE it? OK then press THUMBS up icon rt corner below.. :)
May ask more if any doubts :) I will try to upload a Canadian Custom form here as a Sample. Here it is:--
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf
Please ask Qs RE; how to fill out this form. Thanks

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
OK fellows I started the thread but I added so many heavy items may be! So as a common sense PLEASE keep few heavy and security related (allowed) items in you check-in too. May check with your Airline how much weight they allow on the carry on.ANd some are very strict about your Carry-on SIZE every Air line has its own set sizes and weights.
Also Check-in:--I would pay for a ticket which allows 2 pcs of luggage 23 KGs each, dont get tricked in to online purchases and you later find I was allowed only 1 23 KGs :(. Something happened to me, want to share; I booked online to India. 1 pc of 23 kgs was allowed. Their website offered me 1/2 price for the 2nd piece(ON-LINE only). So I purchased 2nd pc for half price on my Credit Card.
Guess what? At the Airport clerk refused 2nd piece and I shown that C/Card payment. She said "SORRY it is NOT in our system". I argued politely, it should not happen, it is there >>please re-check it"
. After like 30 minutes of waiting time a Supervisor came in and found deeply that this guy actually had PAID, was hidden from ticket upfront, deeply. Supervisor only said sorry. It was one of the JOINT AIRLINES as we know DELTA,KLM, AIR FRANCE is all the same now.May be more joined in too.
Anyways heading of this thread should have been:-
List of some urgent items that go in the carry-on OR check-in:
Thanks all.

MERRY X-MAS + A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019

Reactions: aartisujith

aartisujith

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
31-05-2018
AOR Received.
06-07-2018
File Transfer...
09-08-2018
Med's Request
13-07-2018
Med's Done....
25-07-2018
Passport Req..
29-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2018
LANDED..........
19-01-2019
You are not a PR until your CoPR has been activated. Therefore, you answer 'No' on this occasion.

But you MUST make sure that when you hand the printed declaration sheet that you get from the kiosk to the CBSA agent, that you now want to land to declare PR, he will then direct you accordingly for the next steps.
Thank you

Reactions: singleman