+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Coming for citizenship test and interview from abroad.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hello all

Here is an update : So I flew in Canada and passed my test with 20/20 and was called for the interview right away. I was very prepared and brought with myself all flight tickets for trips I had during my stay in Canada , as well as a photocopies of my husband's Canadian passport. The interviewer asked me first to present all my cards as a proof of identity , then she asked me what I'm currently doing. I have mentioned that I'm currently living in my home country and working there. It seemed like the fact that I'm not living in Canada now had no affect on her at all . Then she asked me when I have travelled last time : I have riplied that 3 days ago I flew in Canada. She opened my passport and verified the stamps. She then asked me how long was my flight and what is time difference. I answered. She seemed to be satisfied'l and then offered me to come the next day for oath ceremony. I was happy and surprised all at once and accepted her offer :). The next day I became Canadian citizen.

Overall I have to mention that I was prepared to extended scrutiny and even RQ , but nothing of this has happened. All was quick and smooth. And therefore I'm very happy and wish all of you fast process and happy ending. Money saved for another flight were spent on gifts and souvenirs for my family members :)
Hello,

did you ever update your address as your back home address or did you leave your address as a Canadian address ?

footyluv

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
After Oath :-

Canadian passport application process -

If you are currently living/working abroad and if you flown in to Canada for the Oath ceremony, what do you mention in the address while filling the Canadian passport application?

footyluv

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
After Oath :-

Canadian passport application process -

If you are currently living/working abroad and if you flown in to Canada for the Oath ceremony, what do you mention in the address while filling the Canadian passport application?
Any suggestions for above?

Can you mention your hotel/Airbnb address? Can you mention friend's address who stays in Canada?

Thanks

footyluv

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Any suggestions for above?

Can you mention your hotel/Airbnb address? Can you mention friend's address who stays in Canada?

Thanks
Bumping.

If you're living abroad and if you're applying for the passport in Canada , what would you fill in the "current home address" section of the passport application form? The format in the form seems to be that of Canada/US addresses.

Any thoughts / suggestions?

Thanks