+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

come in if you are requested for CV/RESUME (even if already ppr)

Feb 24, 2019
I found there are two kinds of CV/RESUME requests. but they are different. one means security screen which takes 10-12 months, and another means ppr.
PPR>>>>>>>>>>CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience

SS>>>>>>>>>>>Detailed CV/Resume: A document containing a description of your education, qualifications and experience. Please include:
o Field of Study
o The name of your Thesis Supervisor (Doctoral Advisor)
o List of your publications

if you think I am correct/wrong, please comment.

Last edited:
Reactions: baltzly

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Perhaps you are right,,
I was asked CV and field of study in feb 2019.
AOR sept 2018, still no news.
Eligibility and criminality passed as per GCMS notes.
I ordered CBSA notes and waiting.

dreamon18

Jul 29, 2019
I think I will be able to prove your theory. Last Thursday I received a request letter asking for my brief CV, which is the first type you mentioned, I uploaded it the same day, and now the status of "additional documents" has turned to "N/A". I will wait and see if I can get PPR in a relatively short time. I called IRCC last Thursday and they said I have passed R10, medical, criminality and eligibility. It seems that I am under security check now. No idea how long it's gonna last.
Have you got any response yet ? Or what is the current status of your application ?

dreamon18

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I have seen another trend on this forum, which is severe delay in PPR. There is a thread dedicated to this topic. Many people' applications were approved weeks before they finally received their PPR. According to those people, I should be watching for an ghost update in my account now, as it probably means application approval, and then see how many days I will wait until PPR comes through.
Thanks for the info. Can you please share the title or link.

dreamon18

Jul 29, 2019
I called IRCC last week and they said they were doing my security check and 75% of security check had been done, and of course criminality and eligibility had been passed as last time they told me. My AoR was Aug 2, so they said it's already very fast. I have no idea when the remaining 25% of security check will end.
Hope they do it real quick. Good luck.

Do post here if you get any updates.

dreamon18

Jul 29, 2019
I called IRCC last week and they said they were doing my security check and 75% of security check had been done, and of course criminality and eligibility had been passed as last time they told me. My AoR was Aug 2, so they said it's already very fast. I have no idea when the remaining 25% of security check will end.
2n
Check this link . https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/file-approved-but-no-ppr-email-yet.593748/
There are more similar threads about applications approved without PPR.
I will post here if there is any news, even a ghost update.
Thanks.

else

Oct 14, 2021
Hi, I am asked for brief cv last week and 2 days after submitting it turned out to not applicable. I also got my 3rd GU. Can I be optimistic that my ppr is close?

TomCassidy

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
I found there are two kinds of CV/RESUME requests. but they are different. one means security screen which takes 10-12 months, and another means ppr.
PPR>>>>>>>>>>CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience

SS>>>>>>>>>>>Detailed CV/Resume: A document containing a description of your education, qualifications and experience. Please include:
o Field of Study
o The name of your Thesis Supervisor (Doctoral Advisor)
o List of your publications

if you think I am correct/wrong, please comment.

I received today a "CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience" request. Can you confirm if this means PPR?