+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Combining Canadian and Foreign Work Experience under CEC

Jul 31, 2023
I am applying under CEC and I have 1 year Canadian work experience (so I am eligible) and 3 year foreign work experience at 4 different jobs (none is 1 continuous year). Can I get points for the foreign work experience? OR does it have to be 1 continuous year?

Aug 7, 2023
I am applying under CEC and I have 1 year Canadian work experience (so I am eligible) and 3 year foreign work experience at 4 different jobs (none is 1 continuous year). Can I get points for the foreign work experience? OR does it have to be 1 continuous year? Red Robin Survey
Hello,

Under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) program, you can combine your Canadian work experience with your foreign work experience to gain points in the Express Entry system. While the Canadian work experience of at least one year makes you eligible for CEC, the foreign work experience can also contribute points. It does not have to be one continuous year; you can accumulate points for each year of foreign work experience, even if it's from different jobs. This combination of Canadian and foreign work experience enhances your chances of securing permanent residence in Canada through the CEC pathway.

Last edited:

classico33

Jul 4, 2023
Hey, thank you for your answer. May I ask how you know for sure? I am getting so much conflicted information. Thanks again :)
Have the same problem. I have 1yr 3mo of canadian exp and 9mos of foreign exp and want to combine the canadian and foreign exp (working remotely for canadian company outside of canada) to get points for 2nd year of work experience.

Any luck figuring out the answer here?

swerving221

Feb 11, 2024
Have the same problem. I have 1yr 3mo of canadian exp and 9mos of foreign exp and want to combine the canadian and foreign exp (working remotely for canadian company outside of canada) to get points for 2nd year of work experience.

Any luck figuring out the answer here?
Hi, just wondering if were you able to find an answer regarding your situation?