+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Colombian Police Clearance Certificate

Jb2367

May 9, 2018
Congratulations for getting the work permit
Thank you!

So, in my experience, I had to email the embassy in Bogota in order to get confirmation, they didn't just send it to me. Also, I've heard that the time after submission to receiving the work permit approval can vary a lot depending on what your original application was - since mine was just for temporary work and I didn't need to Visa to begin with, it didn't take as long.

Reactions: melissaleviy

sam doudi

Sep 14, 2017
Thank you!

So, in my experience, I had to email the embassy in Bogota in order to get confirmation, they didn't just send it to me. Also, I've heard that the time after submission to receiving the work permit approval can vary a lot depending on what your original application was - since mine was just for temporary work and I didn't need to Visa to begin with, it didn't take as long.
Mine will take long time even if its entry express bc i think i overstayed my visa in colombia (5month overstay) and bolivia(8 days overstzy) and was deported from usa bc i worked in a bar for two months
But im confident ill get it
I hope soo

angel20181109

Sep 11, 2018
Hello folks,

I have a question. I'd really appreciate it if you could please help me out.

I am trying to get a Police Certificate from Colombia and I saw in the CIC website that there are two companies that can do this. One is G4S Colombia and the other one is Omnitempus which is the one everyone is mentioning here.

Is there a difference in between these two companies? like, is one more expensive than the other one? or one does things better? I am asking as I do not know which company should I approach to get the Colombia Police Certificate. Which one do you guys recommend me?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Angel.

Susana0928

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hello folks,

I am trying to get a Police Certificate from Colombia and I saw in the CIC website that there are two companies that can do this. One is G4S Colombia and the other one is Omnitempus which is the one everyone is mentioning here.

Is there a difference in between these two companies? like, is one more expensive than the other one? or one does things better? I am asking as I do not know which company should I approach to get the Colombia Police Certificate. Which one do you guys recommend me?

Angel.

Hi Angel.

They are both excellent companies, both take the same time and charge about the same. I did it through OMNITEMPUS.

sam doudi

Sep 14, 2017
Hello folks,

Angel.
Hi
I approached both of them and find omnitempus easier to work with they were more helpful and fast answering my question

hyperloop

Nov 29, 2015
Guys, need some help!
My spouse is from Colombia and we are trying to get a PCC for her. The omni link for payment doesn't work and g4s seems like a commercial site, so we are waiting to hear back from them via email.

Two questions -
1) Has anyone done this very recently?
2) For the application number that my spouse needs for PCC with omni/g4s, can it be my(primary applicant) application number? I added my spouse to my EE application after AOR.

Thanks for any help!

hyperloop

Nov 29, 2015
Update for anyone looking for this info -
Heard back from both agencies and they need an application number to do it and it takes less than a week for them to do it. I am going to write an LOE and request for an application number and a letter for my spouse so I can request PCC.

tamik

Sep 3, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Update for anyone looking for this info -
Heard back from both agencies and they need an application number to do it and it takes less than a week for them to do it. I am going to write an LOE and request for an application number and a letter for my spouse so I can request PCC.
Hi. I'd be glad if you could share some info.
Which number is eventually needed? Your EE application number or UCI?
Which agency you used to get the certificate?
How much time has passed since you applied for the certificate until IRCC received it?

melissaleviy

Sep 14, 2022
Brooklyn
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello future Canadian residents.

I have the following doubt:

In my home country Colombia, the Police Clearance Certificate is issued online quite easily by just imputing my National ID Number on the police website.

I get a pop-up window saying among other general things the following:

ONLINE CONSULTATION OF ANTECEDENTS AND JUDICIAL REQUIREMENTS

THE COLOMBIAN POLICE INFORMS:

That to date, (MY NAME) with ID number (MY NATIONAL ID NUMBER), DOES NOT HAVE PENDING MATTERS WITH JUDICIAL AUTHORITIES in accordance to article 248 of the Colombian Constitution...

That is pretty much it.

Is this enough? should I just print and translate this "certificate"? or should I be going directly to the Police requesting a more formal certificate (I'm no sure if they will issue it)

THANK YOU!!!!
Hoping best

Andre11S

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sidney - NS
Nomination.....
24-03-2023
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Hi Guys I am in the process of getting my permanent residency, I requested my Police certificate to G4S after IRCC sent me the letter with codes and the instructions. Now my question is, what next? G4S will send this to IRCC Colombia, and they are in charge of translating the info, but what should I do? Should I send a something through web form like the proof of payment? Is this process automatic and I don't need to do anything else?

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
Hi Guys I am in the process of getting my permanent residency, I requested my Police certificate to G4S after IRCC sent me the letter with codes and the instructions. Now my question is, what next? G4S will send this to IRCC Colombia, and they are in charge of translating the info, but what should I do? Should I send a something through web form like the proof of payment? Is this process automatic and I don't need to do anything else?
Hey Andre11S - What we did was to submit, using a webform, the email confirmation from G4S that stated "We have completed the processed and transferred the results to the Canadian Embassy in Colombia" A couple days later the document request was completed.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Andre11S

Andre11S

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sidney - NS
Nomination.....
24-03-2023
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Hey Andre11S - What we did was to submit, using a webform, the email confirmation from G4S that stated "We have completed the processed and transferred the results to the Canadian Embassy in Colombia" A couple days later the document request was completed.

Hope this helps.
Helps a lot!!! Thank you very much, I'll do the same then.

Reactions: nickgrizzly