+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Colombian Police Clearance Certificate

ComedyGeek

Jun 15, 2015
This is not an option anyways. I tried to get the certificatr from the Foreign affairs ministry and it does not work out. Apparently, this is only valid for when you want to issue a document and you're living abroad. I guess there's nothing else to do but wait and see what happens with our certificates sent by Omnitempus. The thing that scares me the most is the language, but as my husband said, if this is the procedure set forth by CIC they must have considered that the certificates would be issued in Spanish.

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
This is not an option anyways. I tried to get the certificatr from the Foreign affairs ministry and it does not work out. Apparently, this is only valid for when you want to issue a document and you're living abroad. I guess there's nothing else to do but wait and see what happens with our certificates sent by Omnitempus. The thing that scares me the most is the language, but as my husband said, if this is the procedure set forth by CIC they must have considered that the certificates would be issued in Spanish.
Exactly, I asume that once the Colombia Visa office recieve the document they just inform CIC if everything is ok or not.

Aug 17, 2017
I can't guarantee this will work but it is a work-around to get the PCC:

"Hello everyone,
I found this section of the forum when I was trying figure out my self on how to get the police background certificate from Colombia.
So as everyone seems it had started I check the information stated in CIC website. At first glance I thought that the process was to nebulous then I found many messages from people saying that the process may take up to 3 months, and I didn't want to delay the process of my FSW application just for that certificate.
Then I checked directly in the Colombian Police website and there I found that you can get the police certificate straight away, just by entering your Cedula de ciudadania or in the case of foreigners your Cedula de extranjeria, you can check it here //antecedentes.policia.gov.co:7005/WebJudicial/
But of course it won't help you much since is just a document you can see on the screen, or print out with with your home printer.
So I found this other site //tramites.cancilleria.gov.co/Ciudadano/certificadoAntecedentes/solicitud.aspx (be aware that the process explanation is in Spanish).
There you can get your Police certificate and at the same time get an e-apostille of it making it valid for immigration procedures. You will need to get someone in Colombia to do the payment though, but once you do the payment it will be the next day in your e-mail, then of course you have to get it translated by an official translator since is written in Spanish.
I use this document for my application and it worked fine, I got the passport request from the visa office in Manilla last week, which means that this alternative procedure is also accepted and is way faster that the other away everyone already knows.

Here are some links with more information (in Spanish)
cancilleria.gov.co/content/nuevo-procedimiento-para-quienes-requer%C3%AD-certificado-de-antecedentes-judiciales-para-ingresa
cancilleria.gov.co/sites/default/files/tramites_servicios/guia_certificado_de_antecedentes_judiciales.pdf

I hope this may be helpful, and good luck to all with your applications.

PS. you have to copy and paste the link addresses on your browser since I'm not able to post links."

Also some information for others who struggled to get the PCC: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/colombia-police-certificate-process.151942/
hi,
Thanks for this. I'm not colombian but I lived there a few months. I'm currently trying to get my police clearance but the one on the policia nacional website doesn't have my name on it only my old cedula number. Any idea how I can get my name on it and make it an official document? The cancilleria website seems to only be for Colombian nationals.

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
hi,
Thanks for this. I'm not colombian but I lived there a few months. I'm currently trying to get my police clearance but the one on the policia nacional website doesn't have my name on it only my old cedula number. Any idea how I can get my name on it and make it an official document? The cancilleria website seems to only be for Colombian nationals.
Man do your background check with ONMITEMPUS, send and email to servicios@omnitempus.com (in spanish only) they will reply back with instructions.

This forum does not have option to attach files so I am not able to upload the instruction guide that Omnitempus sent to me.

jcva

Sep 27, 2017
Man do your background check with ONMITEMPUS, send and email to servicios@omnitempus.com (in spanish only) they will reply back with instructions.

This forum does not have option to attach files so I am not able to upload the instruction guide that Omnitempus sent to me.
In the application I submitted after receiving the invitation to apply, I included the certificate from the Colombian Consulate - with its translation - just to see if it helped in any way. My finding is that it doesn't. A couple of weeks back I received the request to process the police certificate through the procedure listed in the webpage. In short, while the online process with the Consulate is streamlined and not too expensive, it's also redundant. Also, Omnitempus is very quick to respond to inquiries both by email and phone, so I went that way to complete the process.

Other than that, does anyone have turnaround times? - how long are responses being received after completing the police certificate process?

Thanks

juan_05

Oct 12, 2017
Hi guys, I have a couple questions:

- In the ONMITEMPUS form it says that the only thing we need to submit is the receipt, is this what you guys did? Should we officially translate the receipt?
- Any idea on how long does it take for them to ask for the passports after submitting the police certificate?
- Did any of you only got one week to submit this police certificate? (It can be done, it is just that I found it weird)
- Is the cost still 63000 pesos?

Gracias!

jcva

Sep 27, 2017

- In the ONMITEMPUS form it says that the only thing we need to submit is the receipt, is this what you guys did? Should we officially translate the receipt?
- Any idea on how long does it take for them to ask for the passports after submitting the police certificate?
- Did any of you only got one week to submit this police certificate? (It can be done, it is just that I found it weird)

Gracias!

Hello,

1. Omnitempus replies with an acknowledgment once they verify that they received payment and form of consent. On my side of the application, I simply included both the receipt of payment and the acknowledgment email, both in Spanish. I bundled these items in an explanation letter indicating that they were proof that my side of the process with omnitempus was complete.
2. Every case is different. In my case, more than a month.
3. I don't remember, sorry.
4. 65.000 per person.

¡Espero que sirva!

Reactions: juan_05

Lollie

Jun 26, 2016

Gracias!

Hola Juan!

Me acaban de solicitar la misma informacion y estoy algo perdida. Finalmente como hiciste el proceso y que informacion subiste? Y cuanto tiempo se demoraron ? estoy algo preocupada por que no se como seria el proceso de traduccion y si debo traducir el recibo o lo que sea que me de Omni.. Tu me podrias guiar un poco porfa? Mil Gracias!

juan_05

Oct 12, 2017
Hola Juan!

Me acaban de solicitar la misma informacion y estoy algo perdida. Finalmente como hiciste el proceso y que informacion subiste? Y cuanto tiempo se demoraron ? estoy algo preocupada por que no se como seria el proceso de traduccion y si debo traducir el recibo o lo que sea que me de Omni.. Tu me podrias guiar un poco porfa? Mil Gracias!
Hola Lollie,

Llama o escribe a onmitempus, la verdad que son super eficientes, el lunes les pedi la informacion, me enviaron el recibo inmediatamente, y el miercoles ya la habían entregado a la embajada. Por mi parte, yo mande traducir el recibo y en la página web adjunté el recibo, la traducción, y un parrafo explicando que de acuerdo con lo que dice la página web de CIC había contratado onmitempus.

Si quieres mas informacion, me puedes enviar un mensaje privado y podemos hablar por teléfono. Yo me encuentro en Toronto.

Reactions: Lollie

Lollie

Jun 26, 2016
Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with something, I have already make the payment to Omnitempus and I have ready the translation of the receipt, Omnitempus actually sent me an email yesterday letting me know that the information has been delivered to the embassy. However, at the time of submitting the document to my application, CIC is asking me for the following information: 1. Document Name / 2. Document Number / 3. Issue Date / 4. Expiry date.

According to Omnitempus they do not handle this information. Does anyone know what this information means and where do I get it from? CIC does not allow me to attach any receipt unless I provide this information.

Thank you for your help!
L.

Kewlguy

Jun 21, 2017
I am also in the same situation can you please let me know how did you proceed? Also, how did you get the emails translated?

Aug 17, 2017
Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with something, I have already make the payment to Omnitempus and I have ready the translation of the receipt, Omnitempus actually sent me an email yesterday letting me know that the information has been delivered to the embassy. However, at the time of submitting the document to my application, CIC is asking me for the following information: 1. Document Name / 2. Document Number / 3. Issue Date / 4. Expiry date.

According to Omnitempus they do not handle this information. Does anyone know what this information means and where do I get it from? CIC does not allow me to attach any receipt unless I provide this information.

Thank you for your help!
L.
I have the same problem! I've sent an email to the immigration section of the Canadian embassy in bigots asking for the details. Apparently they take 1-2 weeks to reply!

sam doudi

Sep 14, 2017
Acording to G4S and Omni, they ask for a VISA OFFICE to send the PCC. Which one should I choose? ie. Bogotá,Mexico?

The other thing that they mentioned is that the PCC is in Spanish, so How the PCC would be valid if it is not in English?
Hi please i need your help
Would love to know if u get the pcc? And which one did u used) im trying to use omni bug find it hard to pay throu their website. Any advice plz??

sam doudi

Sep 14, 2017
Hello,

1. Omnitempus replies with an acknowledgment once they verify that they received payment and form of consent. On my side of the application, I simply included both the receipt of payment and the acknowledgment email, both in Spanish. I bundled these items in an explanation letter indicating that they were proof that my side of the process with omnitempus was complete.
2. Every case is different. In my case, more than a month.
3. I don't remember, sorry.
4. 65.000 per person.

¡Espero que sirva!
Hi
Please im trying to get police certificate from omni but i cant not pay throu their website(and as there s just one citibank in moroco and its for just professionel) the first option for payment is thr only one available for me
Can u please help me