+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Colombian Police Clearance Certificate

Susana0928

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hello future Canadian residents.

I have the following doubt:

In my home country Colombia, the Police Clearance Certificate is issued online quite easily by just imputing my National ID Number on the police website.

I get a pop-up window saying among other general things the following:

ONLINE CONSULTATION OF ANTECEDENTS AND JUDICIAL REQUIREMENTS

THE COLOMBIAN POLICE INFORMS:

That to date, (MY NAME) with ID number (MY NATIONAL ID NUMBER), DOES NOT HAVE PENDING MATTERS WITH JUDICIAL AUTHORITIES in accordance to article 248 of the Colombian Constitution...

That is pretty much it.

Is this enough? should I just print and translate this "certificate"? or should I be going directly to the Police requesting a more formal certificate (I'm no sure if they will issue it)

THANK YOU!!!!

Reactions: melissaleviy

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you been requested this PCC AFTER submitting your eAPR?

"Do not apply for the Background Verification Certificate until you receive a file number from the Canadian visa office and instructions telling you to apply for the certificate.

Service providers will require you to sign a consent form authorizing them to disclose the Background Verification Certificate to the Canadian visa officer.

Service providers will forward the Background Verification Certificate directly to CIC."

Reactions: Susana0928

Susana0928

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Have you been requested this PCC AFTER submitting your eAPR?

"Do not apply for the Background Verification Certificate until you receive a file number from the Canadian visa office and instructions telling you to apply for the certificate.

Service providers will require you to sign a consent form authorizing them to disclose the Background Verification Certificate to the Canadian visa officer.

Service providers will forward the Background Verification Certificate directly to CIC."
Thanks for your quick reply!
Actually, my husband and I are waiting for our WES certificates to create the EE profile, but we were adviced (on some other thread) that we should start collecting these documents as they take very long periods of time to process. We currently reside in the US and actually already solicited the FBI clearance, since it's taking 10-12 weeks to process. We are very confident that we will get an ITA soon after EE (our score is in the 470s)
I thought everyone was asked for police clearances from all the places lived in the past I-don't-remember-how-many years.
My boyfriend is from Iran, and we have to travel to Washington DC so he gets his fingerprints scanned there and sent over to Tehran.

What should we do?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will be asked to provide a Colombian PCC just not post-ITA phase, the US PCC is indeed required when submitting your eAPR so you did well in requesting it already.

Colombia is one of the countries where you should only get the PCC once you get an official request from IRCC during the processing of your application.

"Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/colombia.asp

Reactions: Susana0928

Susana0928

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
You will be asked to provide a Colombian PCC just not post-ITA phase, the US PCC is indeed required when submitting your eAPR so you did well in requesting it already.

Colombia is one of the countries where you should only get the PCC once you get an official request from IRCC during the processing of your application.

"Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/colombia.asp
Thank you! I had been on this page before but only checked the US, don't know why I didn't check for Colombia and Iran.
So according to this, we did good in soliciting the FBI, and should proceed to get my husbands in Washington DC.

If anyone here is from Iran and has been through the process I would love to hear your experience/recommendations. My father in law went to the police in Tehran and apparently they don't have my husbands fingerprints on file so we have to go to Washington DC, where he will get fingerprinted.

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
Acording to G4S and Omni, they ask for a VISA OFFICE to send the PCC. Which one should I choose? ie. Bogotá,Mexico?

The other thing that they mentioned is that the PCC is in Spanish, so How the PCC would be valid if it is not in English?

ampossot

Aug 18, 2017
Hi Nartus....

I really need help with something that you mentioned before....

Acording to G4S and Omni, they ask for a VISA OFFICE to send the PCC. Which one should I choose? ie. Bogotá,Mexico?

The other thing that they mentioned is that the PCC is in Spanish, so How the PCC would be valid if it is not in English?

Any help would be really appreciated!!!

Thanks a lot!!

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
Nartus....Did you find out that information?? I am in the same situation right now....
No man, nothing.

I will wait for IRCC instructions and I will tell you. But if they make me choose I will go for the colombian visa office.

ampossot

Aug 18, 2017
No man, nothing.

I will wait for IRCC instructions and I will tell you. But if they make me choose I will go for the colombian visa office.
I just called again Omnitempus. They have no clue what to do. They said that Mexico is only for Mexican residents and other ones should send it to Colombia. Now the other problem, they issue the PCC in Spanish and dont know how to proceed....getting desperate at this point. I have 55 more days to submit it....

ComedyGeek

Jun 15, 2015
Hi @Nartus and @ampossot

I'm in the same situation as you. I am a Venezuelan living in Colombia and selected Omnitempus as the company to issue PCC. At first, I had selected Mexico Embassy because I understood that that is the office all Venezuelans are processed. However, after some time I got a little desperate and asked Omni to send our file to Bogota embassy as well.

I'm going to try to writr the embassies to see whether they have our document and whether they sent it to the embassy. As to the language, I really had not given any though to this. It is impossible for us to translate them since the company does not submit this document to us. Now I'm getting really anxious, since there has been no change in our profile and I'm wondering whether it is an issue with the language.

Please let me know whether you were able to find a solution and I'll do the same with you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can't guarantee this will work but it is a work-around to get the PCC:

"Hello everyone,
I found this section of the forum when I was trying figure out my self on how to get the police background certificate from Colombia.
So as everyone seems it had started I check the information stated in CIC website. At first glance I thought that the process was to nebulous then I found many messages from people saying that the process may take up to 3 months, and I didn't want to delay the process of my FSW application just for that certificate.
Then I checked directly in the Colombian Police website and there I found that you can get the police certificate straight away, just by entering your Cedula de ciudadania or in the case of foreigners your Cedula de extranjeria, you can check it here //antecedentes.policia.gov.co:7005/WebJudicial/
But of course it won't help you much since is just a document you can see on the screen, or print out with with your home printer.
So I found this other site //tramites.cancilleria.gov.co/Ciudadano/certificadoAntecedentes/solicitud.aspx (be aware that the process explanation is in Spanish).
There you can get your Police certificate and at the same time get an e-apostille of it making it valid for immigration procedures. You will need to get someone in Colombia to do the payment though, but once you do the payment it will be the next day in your e-mail, then of course you have to get it translated by an official translator since is written in Spanish.
I use this document for my application and it worked fine, I got the passport request from the visa office in Manilla last week, which means that this alternative procedure is also accepted and is way faster that the other away everyone already knows.

Here are some links with more information (in Spanish)
cancilleria.gov.co/content/nuevo-procedimiento-para-quienes-requer%C3%AD-certificado-de-antecedentes-judiciales-para-ingresa
cancilleria.gov.co/sites/default/files/tramites_servicios/guia_certificado_de_antecedentes_judiciales.pdf

I hope this may be helpful, and good luck to all with your applications.

PS. you have to copy and paste the link addresses on your browser since I'm not able to post links."

Also some information for others who struggled to get the PCC: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/colombia-police-certificate-process.151942/

ComedyGeek

Jun 15, 2015

"Hello everyone,
I found this section of the forum when I was trying figure out my self on how to get the police background certificate from Colombia.
So as everyone seems it had started I check the information stated in CIC website. At first glance I thought that the process was to nebulous then I found many messages from people saying that the process may take up to 3 months, and I didn't want to delay the process of my FSW application just for that certificate.
Then I checked directly in the Colombian Police website and there I found that you can get the police certificate straight away, just by entering your Cedula de ciudadania or in the case of foreigners your Cedula de extranjeria, you can check it here //antecedentes.policia.gov.co:7005/WebJudicial/
But of course it won't help you much since is just a document you can see on the screen, or print out with with your home printer.
So I found this other site //tramites.cancilleria.gov.co/Ciudadano/certificadoAntecedentes/solicitud.aspx (be aware that the process explanation is in Spanish).
There you can get your Police certificate and at the same time get an e-apostille of it making it valid for immigration procedures. You will need to get someone in Colombia to do the payment though, but once you do the payment it will be the next day in your e-mail, then of course you have to get it translated by an official translator since is written in Spanish.
I use this document for my application and it worked fine, I got the passport request from the visa office in Manilla last week, which means that this alternative procedure is also accepted and is way faster that the other away everyone already knows.

cancilleria.gov.co/content/nuevo-procedimiento-para-quienes-requer%C3%AD-certificado-de-antecedentes-judiciales-para-ingresa
cancilleria.gov.co/sites/default/files/tramites_servicios/guia_certificado_de_antecedentes_judiciales.pdf

PS. you have to copy and paste the link addresses on your browser since I'm not able to post links."

Also some information for others who struggled to get the PCC: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/colombia-police-certificate-process.151942/
Thank you so much, @DelPiero07 I will definitely look into that!

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016

"Hello everyone,

Careful, CIC site says this:

If you live in Colombia:
Select and contact one of the following service providers, who will provide you with instructions, processing times and applicable fees.

G4S Colombia (available only in Spanish)
E-mail: aplicantes@procesosec.com
Phone: (+57) 1 705-4040 extension: 1506

Omnitempus (available only in Spanish)
E-mail: servicios@omnitempus.com
Phone: (+57) 1 611-0529 extension: 168, 128