+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

college transfer from ontario ( pg 2 year course) to manitoba (10 months certi)

saumilbarot

Apr 13, 2015
I have 2 years of study permit for Conestoga college ( Robotics & Automation in jan) ..my frd suggesting me to transfer my college from Ontario to manitoba mitt college for 10 months certificate program which starts from Feb for better chance to get PR as in Ontario its impossible to get PR . I am still in India. Can I change my college like that as I got visa on the base of Conestoga .my intention is to get PR first so is it harmful for PR to change college like that from pg to lower level certificate. I need help plZ reply

oswaldz

Oct 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
to be filed
Passport Req..
27 November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 November 2015
LANDED..........
15 December 2015
saumilbarot said:
I have 2 years of study permit for Conestoga college ( Robotics & Automation in jan) ..my frd suggesting me to transfer my college from Ontario to manitoba mitt college for 10 months certificate program which starts from Feb for better chance to get PR as in Ontario its impossible to get PR . I am still in India. Can I change my college like that as I got visa on the base of Conestoga .my intention is to get PR first so is it harmful for PR to change college like that from pg to lower level certificate. I need help plZ reply
You can change.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
saumilbarot said:
from CIC website

"If you are thinking about changing your institution or your program, you need to make sure that you meet the conditions of your study permit on an ongoing basis. This includes the requirements to be enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI) and to be actively pursuing your studies while you are in Canada.
Changing institution at the post-secondary level

If you applied for a study permit to attend a post-secondary institution after June 1, 2014, you must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) via your MyCIC account every time you change institutions. You are not required to apply for a new study permit when changing institutions that are at the same level of study (e.g., from a college to a university).

For example, you must notify CIC if you submit a letter of acceptance from the University of Ottawa when you apply for your study permit but then transfer to Carleton University once you arrive in Canada.

You are not required to notify CIC when you change institution if:

you applied for a study permit prior to June 1, 2014;
you were issued a study permit to attend an institution at the primary or secondary level; or
you obtained a study permit as the family member of a study or work permit holder (i.e., you were not required to submit a letter of acceptance when applying for a study permit).

Get step-by-step instructions on how to notify CIC that you have changed DLI’s using your MyCIC account."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

saumilbarot

Apr 13, 2015
I read that but I am degrading my level so there is no information about that..so plz answer me clearly pg to certificate program should I do? If yes then can i do now as I am still in India or I should first land in Canada ..