+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

College Suspension

Jan 10, 2021
My college suspend me for one winter semester due to my low overall GPA. I can register my next term courses again. But for the time being to cover my gap I take admission in another college because my college suggested me to do so. My classes in new college starts from1 Feb. and I am not working until that time. I can work once study starts in that college. The matter is I am worrying about my status as a student. Am I still on student status in Canada? OR do I need to confirm with somebody because After suspension for one semester I immediately take admission in another college to cover my gap? So please tell me if I did wrong something?

co2020

May 31, 2020
My college suspend me for one winter semester due to my low overall GPA. I can register my next term courses again. But for the time being to cover my gap I take admission in another college because my college suggested me to do so. My classes in new college starts from1 Feb. and I am not working until that time. I can work once study starts in that college. The matter is I am worrying about my status as a student. Am I still on student status in Canada? OR do I need to confirm with somebody because After suspension for one semester I immediately take admission in another college to cover my gap? So please tell me if I did wrong something?
Unless you transferred your credits from your previous school to the new one, it means you have started school afresh.

Yes you are still a student. But you need to change your DLI so cic is aware that you have changed schools. You can do it through your cic account.

Reactions: Manpreetdhillon
Jan 10, 2021
Unless you transferred your credits from your previous school to the new one, it means you have started school afresh.

Yes you are still a student. But you need to change your DLI so cic is aware that you have changed schools. You can do it through your cic account.
Thanks for your reply. I am studying in Alexander College who suspended me which is post secondary institution. And after suspension I take admission in private institute in office assistant certificate course which is just of 3 months. so when in future I will apply for work permit I can show this certificate to cover this 3 months gap right?