College or University?

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
Already done - 7.0 Band DECEMBER 2015
I just want to ask a simple question that does the decision of your visa really depends upon the program and institution you are going to attend. I mean I got admission in Seneca College for Biotechnology Advance Diploma (3 Years) after intermediate (12th) but I was also able to get admission in some reputed universities but I rather choose Seneca for personal reasons. My application for study permit was refused twice, after discussing the issue with some people I got almost the same response that I should have gone for the university and degree (4 Year) program so the chances for my visa approval should me more. But the refusal reasons for my application were
1- Travel History 2- Family Ties 3- Purpose History.
Is is really true, does university over college really matter?

Azy

Aug 3, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pls mention your complete profile, first.

Did you pay any tuition fees in advabce?
Bank statements?
Prof of enploment of ur sponser, eg:father.
Affidavit of support?

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
Azy said:
Pls mention your complete profile, first.

Did you pay any tuition fees in advabce?
Bank statements?
Prof of enploment of ur sponser, eg:father.
Affidavit of support?
My Profile
10th (Science) 79.42% (2013)
12th (Pre-Med) 76% (2015 Sep)
IELTS (7.0 Overall - 2015 December) (7.5L,7.0R,6.5W,6.0S)
I got admission in Seneca College in Advance Diploma in Biotechnology Advanced course (3 years Duration) which may lead to degree in BS Biotechnology from well reputed Canadian or United States universities if I maintain the CGPA of 3.0 or Above till my sixth semester of diploma and there were some other conditions as well for qualification to degree.
My father is sponsoring my studies and the documents I submitted were
1- Forms (Visa application form and family information form)
2- My father is a landlord so I submitted the real estate documents of properties he owns and their rental agreements and also the investment documents my father made in a company for about (19,500USD) on the interest. The bank statement of my father (about $45,000USD) and the Tax Payer certificate of my father with the tax returns of the previous 3 years (2015,2014,2013). with the affidavit of support from my father.
I have also submitted the clear copy of the fee paid receipt from Seneca College for my first semester.
3- In case of SOP I attached all my education (academic) and other certificates with it.

Thank-You for your reply though, Actually I was really hoping that someone will reply soon as I am not currently able to make the decision for my future move right now.

Map2012

Aug 16, 2016
Well brother its nothing like if you apply for university then you will have high chances of visa as compared to that with colleges.3 friends of mine(strong academically and all of them having more than 7 bands) applied for university with me but all of em got rejected and on the other side the 6 friends of mine who applied for colleges they all had an approval.

Azy

Aug 3, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for sharing your profile.

Your Profile looks complete to me. Its hard to give a recommendation with that strong profile.

I would wait for other senior members to comment.

talhaixlam said:
My Profile
I got admission in Seneca College in Advance Diploma in Biotechnology Advanced course (3 years Duration) which may lead to degree in BS Biotechnology from well reputed Canadian or United States universities if I maintain the CGPA of 3.0 or Above till my sixth semester of diploma and there were some other conditions as well for qualification to degree.
2- My father is a landlord so I submitted the real estate documents of properties he owns and their rental agreements and also the investment documents my father made in a company for about (19,500USD) on the interest. The bank statement of my father (about $45,000USD) and the Tax Payer certificate of my father with the tax returns of the previous 3 years (2015,2014,2013). with the affidavit of support from my father.
I have also submitted the clear copy of the fee paid receipt from Seneca College for my first semester.
3- In case of SOP I attached all my education (academic) and other certificates with it.

Thank-You for your reply though, Actually I was really hoping that someone will reply soon as I am not currently able to make the decision for my future move right now.

Azy

Aug 3, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if I would be you and really wanted to get into Canada, I would apply one more time in a north province such as manitoba, sask. etc.
Also, please go with the university instead of college because you do qualify for university. At the same time, I would like to share with you, universities in north are not that expensive and you can pay the tuition fees same as you pay for college in Toronto!

Rest its your call, mate.

talhaixlam said:
My Profile

varunnarayan

Jun 15, 2015
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-0
Universities are obviously better then colleges. I'm current doing my 6 year Masters+Bachelors here in Canada after mt 12th Vrade in India. Colleges are chosen by students who's intention is to finish a diploma. Well ,A degree is always better than a diploma.

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
Hi,
First of all, a degree is better and sounds more reasonable.

And the most important thing is the approved study permit, not which program you are really gonna attend to.

So here is my suggestion:
1) apply again using the degree offer and explain to VO the reason [like academic knowledge in my age is more important and a degree can help me into higher education like a master program or gain higher career level blah blah blah]
2) once you get approved, you can change school. Simple and easy.

Because im actually in the same boat...and I'm applying for a PG program now....hope I can get the letter of acceptance...

Good luck!

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
Azy said:
if I would be you and really wanted to get into Canada, I would apply one more time in a north province such as manitoba, sask. etc.
Also, please go with the university instead of college because you do qualify for university. At the same time, I would like to share with you, universities in north are not that expensive and you can pay the tuition fees same as you pay for college in Toronto!

Rest its your call, mate.
The major draw back in my case is the visitor visa of my father which is valid till 2018 and my father is insisting me to find some institution in the toronto as he has his friends there so even If my father will be in Pakistan, he just want to make sure that I am near somebody he knows. I mean he wants to keep somebody he knows to look after me.

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
varunnarayan said:
Universities are obviously better then colleges. I'm current doing my 6 year Masters+Bachelors here in Canada after mt 12th Vrade in India. Colleges are chosen by students who's intention is to finish a diploma. Well ,A degree is always better than a diploma.
Can you please describe which program you are studying at which university right now? Thanks for reply.