+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

college name OR university name in 'Institution name' field in WES application

nasit.bhavin

Oct 11, 2018
Hello Guys,

I have completed my BE from Birla Vishwakarma Mahavidhyalaya college from Sardar Patel University.
While filling WES, I filled my college name in 'Institution name' field. In the drop-down, I see both college and university is listed.
Should I have selected college name OR university name in this field?

Can we change this field once paid & submitted?
NOTE: My college is in the autonomous list of WES.

Thanks in advance.

nasit.bhavin

Oct 11, 2018
Yes, this got sorted out. This scenario is absolutely fine. They have the list of colleges along with which university they fall under so they will map it and you don't need to do anything.

camperw

May 12, 2019
Yes, this got sorted out. This scenario is absolutely fine. They have the list of colleges along with which university they fall under so they will map it and you don't need to do anything.
Thanks a lot my man. I was going mad because of this.

ujjwal06

Jun 15, 2019
Hello,

What if the situation is opposite, In my application I only mentioned my university name and already made a payment to WES and also the form which need to submit to the university have university name only not the college name. Is it going to be all right ? Can someone please guide me through

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello,

What if the situation is opposite, In my application I only mentioned my university name and already made a payment to WES and also the form which need to submit to the university have university name only not the college name. Is it going to be all right ? Can someone please guide me through
That is all right. You need to enter the name of the institution that issued the documents, which is usually a university or an autonomous college.

Reactions: ujjwal06

revathicmohan

Dec 5, 2020
Can we mention college name... I submitted application with my college name but university will sent the reports. Completed the application and payment :( will it make issues

bhargavayash

Feb 24, 2021
Can we mention college name... I submitted application with my college name but university will sent the reports. Completed the application and payment :( will it make issues
Hey Revati,
I made the same mistake. How was your issue resolved? Did you face any problem in the evaluation?
Awaiting your reply.

mohitcan72

Mar 3, 2021
Hi Revathi/team,

can you please help me on below query.

i have completed degree from autonomous college (which is listed under wes approved autonomous colleges) but the certificates/marksheets are containing university name as issuing authority and on top.
My college name is there only in mark sheets as 'centre' with code, name & address.

in my case - to whom should i approach to get the documents/transcripts , will it be college or university ?