+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

College change

Raavi008

Star Member
Jan 12, 2019
Currently i'm enrolled in Capilano in bc n i want to shift to Winnipeg to a public college. Is it possible ? Which college should i choose in Winnipeg n which course ? I have done 12th in med stream. ? What is the procedure to change college and province in. Canada ?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Currently i'm enrolled in Capilano in bc n i want to shift to Winnipeg to a public college. Is it possible ? Which college should i choose in Winnipeg n which course ? I have done 12th in med stream. ? What is the procedure to change college and province in. Canada ?
Changing institutions is a federal matter and you have to update the same with CIC. Here is the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools/account.html. Do note you need to have a confirmed offer in the college you want to join before you can do this.

Getting refund depends on the refund policy of your college/university. While the refund policy differs, expect to pay up to 500 CAD to 1000CAD as refund fees, if not more. Some many not allow you take refunds, or their policies are opaque, as some students of ISI Montreal found out this year.

I just wanted to know, why do you want to change your college/university? Surely you must have done your research in your home country first before joining?

Raavi008

Star Member
Jan 12, 2019
Changing institutions is a federal matter and you have to update the same with CIC. Here is the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools/account.html. Do note you need to have a confirmed offer in the college you want to join before you can do this.

Getting refund depends on the refund policy of your college/university. While the refund policy differs, expect to pay up to 500 CAD to 1000CAD as refund fees, if not more. Some many not allow you take refunds, or their policies are opaque, as some students of ISI Montreal found out this year.

I just wanted to know, why do you want to change your college/university? Surely you must have done your research in your home country first before joining?
Can u pls tell step by step what should i do ? Do i need to get changes done on my study permit ?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Can u pls tell step by step what should i do ? Do i need to get changes done on my study permit ?
I hope you can understand what I have written in plain English. Visit the link that I have given earlier and see the procedures to change. Then either see your college/university website for their refund policy or contact them. It is very simple.