+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cognizant India Experience Letter

Tinevisce

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Hi Everyone!

I'm wondering if we have any Cognizant or ex-Cognizant employees on this board who got their PR applications processed successfully.

I have a question regarding the experience letter. Here on the Cognizant portal, there's a separate option for an Experience letter where you can basically supply the content and have your supervisor (past or current) approve it. Once HR approves it post supervisor approval, you can download it as a PDF document.

Now, since I don't necessarily wish to have my current supervisor or management know about my PR aspirations, I chose a previous supervisor I was on good terms with and obtained the experience letter that way.

It's a PDF document which says in the watermark, "This eletter is secure and when printed is deemed to be a valid document issued by Cognizant to its associate.
To verify the content please reach verification@cognizant.com"

My question is: the visa officer may very well choose to reach out to that email address. Just wondering if my supervisors or HR may get (negatively) involved should that happen.
This is really something only someone from Cognizant would know, of course, so..

kirushna

Oct 5, 2018
Bangalore
Hi Everyone!

I'm wondering if we have any Cognizant or ex-Cognizant employees on this board who got their PR applications processed successfully.

I have a question regarding the experience letter. Here on the Cognizant portal, there's a separate option for an Experience letter where you can basically supply the content and have your supervisor (past or current) approve it. Once HR approves it post supervisor approval, you can download it as a PDF document.

Now, since I don't necessarily wish to have my current supervisor or management know about my PR aspirations, I chose a previous supervisor I was on good terms with and obtained the experience letter that way.

It's a PDF document which says in the watermark, "This eletter is secure and when printed is deemed to be a valid document issued by Cognizant to its associate.
To verify the content please reach verification@cognizant.com"

My question is: the visa officer may very well choose to reach out to that email address. Just wondering if my supervisors or HR may get (negatively) involved should that happen.
This is really something only someone from Cognizant would know, of course, so..

Hi,

I'm from cognizant too, would you be able to tell me how many days it took to get the Experience letter after you submitted the request for it? Does it takes any specific number of days to get the approval from the HR ?? I'm nearing the deadline and haven't opened up to my Supervisor yet!!