+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Co signer

Afsh

Sep 29, 2019
hello there, im sponsoring my husband and on the form it asks for co signer and i want my father to be the co signer because he will help me with finances but on the form it says the co signer must be the spouse or common law partner?? Can someone please help. Thanks alot.

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Technically, if you are only sponsoring your spouse and no children, you don't need to meet a certain financial incomr. So you don't need a co-signer.

At the end of the day, only a partner can co-sign with you. If you want to sonsor your husband, your dad can't be co-signer. You will have to be the only one responsible for him.

Reactions: Afsh

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello there, im sponsoring my husband and on the form it asks for co signer and i want my father to be the co signer because he will help me with finances but on the form it says the co signer must be the spouse or common law partner?? Can someone please help. Thanks alot.
Clearly stated in the guide:

Question 3 - You can’t have a co-signer if you are sponsoring your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner.

Reactions: Afsh

Afsh

Sep 29, 2019
Clearly stated in the guide:

Question 3 - You can’t have a co-signer if you are sponsoring your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner.
Technically, if you are only sponsoring your spouse and no children, you don't need to meet a certain financial incomr. So you don't need a co-signer.

At the end of the day, only a partner can co-sign with you. If you want to sonsor your husband, your dad can't be co-signer. You will have to be the only one responsible for him.
thanks alot!