18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Dear All,

I just want to know the details about being a co-signer.

For example after you co-sign with your spouse for the parents sponsorship and after they landed in Canada as immigrant, When can you co-sign again?

what are the restrictions while on co-sign?

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear All,

I just want to know the details about being a co-signer.

For example after you co-sign with your spouse for the parents sponsorship and after they landed in Canada as immigrant, When can you co-sign again?

what are the restrictions while on co-sign?

Thanks.
It's not really clear what you are asking.

If you co-sign, you are financially responsible for the individuals you have sponsored for a period of 20 years after they land.

What kind of application are you looking to co-sign after the parent sponsorship application?

Reactions: pedropil

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Do you mean if you get a divoce and re-married when can you co-sign for another pair of in-laws to immigrate to Canada?
Or you co-sign for your in-laws and then co-sign for the grandparents of your spouse again?
(these are the only cases I can think of to "co-sign again")

As scylla replied, you will be undertaking for the persons that you co-signed to sponsor for 20 years after they landed.
Not only that your new co-sign PGP will need to include the number of people that's still undertaking in the number of "family" for the income requirement calculation, but also, if they ever claim soical assistant, you will be responsible for half of the government payout regardless to your marrital status.

To anwer your question directly, you can co-sign again right away (for the case of grandparent, the next year when PGP is open again since your spouse cannot sponsor both set in the same year). And for the re-married case, you can co-sign right after the first set of in-laws landed and become PR and you ended and started another relationship.

I hope that my wild guess give you some idea.

Reactions: scylla and Moyo711

Moyo711

Aug 8, 2018
Do you mean if you get a divoce and re-married when can you co-sign for another pair of in-laws to immigrate to Canada?
Or you co-sign for your in-laws and then co-sign for the grandparents of your spouse again?

As scylla replied, you will be undertaking for the persons that you co-signed to sponsor for 20 years after they landed.
Not only that your new co-sign PGP will need to include the number of people that's still undertaking in the number of "family" for the income requirement calculation, but also, if they ever claim soical assistant, you will be responsible for half of the government payout regardless to your marrital status.

To anwer your question directly, you can co-sign again right away (for the case of grandparent, the next year when PGP is open again since your spouse cannot sponsor both set in the same year). And for the re-married case, you can co-sign right after the first set of in-laws landed and become PR and you ended and started another relationship.

If one of my parents is in the country on a work permit, can we combine incomes or can it only be a spouse or common-law partner?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If one of my parents is in the country on a work permit, can we combine incomes or can it only be a spouse or common-law partner?
No. Only spouse or common law partner can co-sign.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
It's not really clear what you are asking.

If you co-sign, you are financially responsible for the individuals you have sponsored for a period of 20 years after they land.

What kind of application are you looking to co-sign after the parent sponsorship application?

Sorry for the confusion. After the parent sponsorship, My sister want’s to apply going to Canada through provincial nominee program in MB. She’s gonna put me as reference on the application. Will that be affected?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry for the confusion. After the parent sponsorship, My sister want’s to apply going to Canada through provincial nominee program in MB. She’s gonna put me as reference on the application. Will that be affected?

Thank you
I don't know. You may want to post this question in the PNP section of the forum.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017

Thank you for the info but your thinking about the complicated situation lol.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the info but your thinking about the complicated situation lol.
Would add that you will be responsible for other expenses not just welfare repayment. Wish the government explained better that you will be responsible for paying other cost like for longterm care if one of thr people you sponsor ends up in longterm care during that 20 years. Many in the public don't realize that it is heavily subsidized but there is a monthly fee of around 1k+. Most Canadians just transfer their pension payments to cover the fees. It is up to the sponsor to pay the fee during the sponsorship period.

Reactions: YVR123

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Would add that you will be responsible for other expenses not just welfare repayment. Wish the government explained better that you will be responsible for paying other cost like for longterm care if one of thr people you sponsor ends up in longterm care during that 20 years. Many in the public don't realize that it is heavily subsidized but there is a monthly fee of around 1k+. Most Canadians just transfer their pension payments to cover the fees. It is up to the sponsor to pay the fee during the sponsorship period.

In our culture we take care of our parents until the end, That’s how we love them. Thats a family. It’s not hassle, Were not throwing them away to some long term facility care.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In our culture we take care of our parents until the end, That’s how we love them. Thats a family. It’s not hassle, Were not throwing them away to some long term facility care.
One may wish to care for their parents at home but it may not be possible. Would encourage you to visit a long term care home and talk to people who had planned to care for their families at home before they felt they had no option but to have their parent move to LTC.

rrhhdd

Oct 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2014
Doc's Request.
June 10, 2014
AOR Received.
July 02, 2014
File Transfer...
August 25, 2014
Med's Request
April 23, 2015
Med's Done....
May 06, 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jul 14, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi All, Hope everyone is doing great during this pandemic. I am new to this thread and want to get an opinion regarding income requirement. If someone can guide me through would be much appreciated. I am planning to do EOI for parents which is currently open. I do meet the income requirement for 2018 and 2020, however not for 2019 because I was on EI for parental leave. I have full time permanent job since 2016. I am wondering can I still apply? Because if I was not on EI I would meet the income requirement for 2019 as well? Do they consider if someone have stable source of income or they just go by Notice of Assessment? Please guide if someone have any idea about this.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All, Hope everyone is doing great during this pandemic. I am new to this thread and want to get an opinion regarding income requirement. If someone can guide me through would be much appreciated. I am planning to do EOI for parents which is currently open. I do meet the income requirement for 2018 and 2020, however not for 2019 because I was on EI for parental leave. I have full time permanent job since 2016. I am wondering can I still apply? Because if I was not on EI I would meet the income requirement for 2019 as well? Do they consider if someone have stable source of income or they just go by Notice of Assessment? Please guide if someone have any idea about this.
Thanks
They just go by the NOA. If you don't meet the income requirement per the NOA in 2019 then you unfortunately don't qualify to apply. Any chance you have a spouse / common law partner whose income you can include?

rrhhdd

Oct 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2014
Doc's Request.
June 10, 2014
AOR Received.
July 02, 2014
File Transfer...
August 25, 2014
Med's Request
April 23, 2015
Med's Done....
May 06, 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jul 14, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
They just go by the NOA. If you don't meet the income requirement per the NOA in 2019 then you unfortunately don't qualify to apply. Any chance you have a spouse / common law partner whose income you can include?
No, I don't have any other source of income to include. But my job salary is more than the basic requirement and my job is permanent full time. Cannot I attach a letter from employer stating about the job status and salary scale? Only in 2019 I was on parental leave for few months that is why my income is less.