+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Co PR Document is expired before getting PR Card

deepakvparmar

Oct 9, 2018
HI,

I am recently relocated to Canada through Saskatchewan nomination program.

I have received Co PR document after landing. Now, When I have visited SGI department in order to apply for driving test, I came to know that my CO PR document has been expired. Moreover; I haven't received PR Card yet.

Does CO PR document expired for any reason? If Yes, then what could be reason because we haven't received any communication from CIC.

I am not able to find communication channel how to find reason for the same. Kindly help me what I need to do in this situation.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
HI,

I am recently relocated to Canada through Saskatchewan nomination program.

I have received Co PR document after landing. Now, When I have visited SGI department in order to apply for driving test, I came to know that my CO PR document has been expired. Moreover; I haven't received PR Card yet.

Does CO PR document expired for any reason? If Yes, then what could be reason because we haven't received any communication from CIC.

I am not able to find communication channel how to find reason for the same. Kindly help me what I need to do in this situation.
A COPR always has an expiry date on it. It's usually 12 months after the most recent medical examination. Once you have "landed", the expiry date is of no relevance.

deepakvparmar

Oct 9, 2018
A COPR always has an expiry date on it. It's usually 12 months after the most recent medical examination. Once you have "landed", the expiry date is of no relevance.
Thank you for quickly responding.

It means, CO-PR does have expiry date which is allingned to expiry date of one time entry VISA you will get after medical exam.

Now I go it what could have happened.

- I received VISA too late and I got only 3 months on one time VISA to visit Canada. By the time I landed on Canada and got Co-PR, I only had 20 days left before my one time VISA date get expired.
- Now, I have visited SGI department after more than 2 months, Which means my CO-PR is already expired.

Anyway, Lesson learnt that People must apply for written driving exam before their Co-PR get expired, otherwise Its going to be challenging to get driving license as you can only drive into Canada for 3 months on your country's license. I can assure that its not easy to pass driving test without lots of practice.