+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CNO IELTS Eligibility

krish_indian

Mar 29, 2013
CNO IELTS requirements are below . I like to know what is standard error of measurement of 0.5 means .\

My spouse got writing 6.5 but overall she got 7.5. whether her IELTS enough for RN registration or whether she need new IELTS score for RN registration.

International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Test Component IELTS Scores
Writing 7
Speaking 7
Listening 7.5
Reading 6.5
Total 7

These are the minimum benchmark scores that must be achieved and includes the standard error of measurement of 0.5.

NOTE: The College will only accept scores from the Academic format of the IELTS test.

pollenrain

Mar 31, 2013
really?? cno only accept academic in ielts ?? too bad! i took mine in general, and unfortunately i got 6.5 in writing...so does this mean i have to retake ielts in academic much worst to get writing of 7???

cant the cno accept general with writing of 6.5???

sharmei17

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 17, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 20-2014
File Transfer...
February 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 2014
Passport Req..
Mar 10, 2015.....IN PROCESS APR 30-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM May 14, 2015
LANDED..........
hopefully by June 23
krish_indian said:
CNO IELTS requirements are below . I like to know what is standard error of measurement of 0.5 means .\

My spouse got writing 6.5 but overall she got 7.5. whether her IELTS enough for RN registration or whether she need new IELTS score for RN registration.

International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Test Component IELTS Scores
Writing 7
Speaking 7
Listening 7.5
Reading 6.5
Total 7

These are the minimum benchmark scores that must be achieved and includes the standard error of measurement of 0.5.

NOTE: The College will only accept scores from the Academic format of the IELTS test.
Im not sure what is the standard but we both have the same problem although i failed by 0.5 in speaking. Unfortunately, cno is very strict about that and they won't accept the scores if they don't reach minimum 7 on all components.

Deepthi2011

Apr 14, 2011
CNO IELTS Eligibility

For Cno Registration they required minimum score for IELTS

Writing 7
Speaking 7
Listening 7.5
Reading 6.5
Total 7
and they mentioned " These are the minimum benchmark scores that must be achieved and includes the standard error of measurement of 0.5."

Let me know the meaning of 'Measurement of 0.5.'

Please seniors Clarify this !!

shona. A

Apr 14, 2014
Hi!!
I have applied for registration in Ontario. My overall ielts score is 7, with 7.5 in listening, 7.5 in reading and , 7 in speaking and 6.5 in writing. I scored 0.5 less in writing. This is the second time for giving ielts because of change in requirement in 2013. CNO says the score mention on their website includes 0.5 SEM. I don't know what does it means. I don't know what to do. would CNO accept my score or I need to give ielts again. Does anyone have any idea about this?

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
shona. A said:
Hi!!
I have applied for registration in Ontario. My overall ielts score is 7, with 7.5 in listening, 7.5 in reading and , 7 in speaking and 6.5 in writing. I scored 0.5 less in writing. This is the second time for giving ielts because of change in requirement in 2013. CNO says the score mention on their website includes 0.5 SEM. I don't know what does it means. I don't know what to do. would CNO accept my score or I need to give ielts again. Does anyone have any idea about this?
As far as I know, they are very strict with their EILTS. I think the best thing to do is to retake the exam

NeedleArtist

Star Member
Oct 9, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe it means that CNO has already taken into consideration an SEM of 0.5. In other words, their actual qualification requirement is 7.5, but they have adjusted the minimum score downwards (to 7.0) in order to factor in the SEM. It is simpler to do it this way than if it were "the minimum is 7.5, but in order to account for possible marking variances, we'll actually accept a score of 7.0". The will not give applicants yet another 0.5 points of leeway.