+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CMB - Decision by minister

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody know anything about files being sent to CMB (Case Management Brunch) in particular - to the Citizenship Exceptional Cases Unit.
Got my ATIP. It states that my file is going to be sent to CMB for a decision by minister. That was in February.

Any idea on how long this takes?
My case is more than 4 years old.

thank you

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a refugee and have been stateless for 10 years.
My refugee case took several years to process because it had been misplaced and required my MP's intervention to get it recovered. By the time I applied for citizenship I had been 5 years in Canada already, but not counted all as PR due to the delay in my getting a refugee hearing.
Just got my ATIP (25 pages!) and was astonished at how much they mismanaged my case. I was meant to have a citizenship hearing - nobody scheduled it. Got RQ one year after the test! Then the decision was made and was undone. Lot's of other errors, oversights, incompetence. It makes my head spin.
Now this - the decision will be made by the minister. I don't know if I should be glad or prepare for the refusal. Life has been in limbo a long time and now I see why... astonishing incompetence. :eek:

alaabebe

Apr 19, 2016
sfaisalm said:
ok, then it make sense that request is sent, no one knows about how CIC works
Yes very true no knows how these people work? what sort of process they follow and how it works ?
never have a time frame and never have a satisfactory answer for any question

no fairness no jutice

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for your input, guys. Any word of comfort from kind people is appreciated in this long waiting torture.