+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Club for those who have waited for 16+ months

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Today marks the beginning of my 17th month ...test after 15.5 months and still no updates since then

Cheers!

'regular case' (NOT non-routine)
over 1500+ days of physical presence
full-time employed with consistent tax records
no incident with law and police, not even a parking ticket
... None of those matters
Called IRCC
Sent webform
Contacted MP

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Real
Today marks the beginning of my 17th month ...test after 15.5 months and still no updates since then

Cheers!

Called IRCC
Sent webform
Contacted MP
Really frustrating

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Real

Really frustrating
It's just a perpetual delay: my RCMP criminality was done over a year ago with 'no reportable trace', but since over a year has passed and my process is still no done yet, they decided they need to ask RCMP to check my criminality again! which is probably a good decision since there's a good chance people can go insane with the long wait and the incompetency IRCC, and do something crazy - I didn't do that though

So keep in mind: even if your background checks are already cleared, if you have waited for a while, chances are they'd think your background check would need update again and will take even longer to finish your case...

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
17 months and still counting. Renewed my PR Card for another 5 years. The wait continues!

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011

Cheers!

Called IRCC
Sent webform
Contacted MP
same boat as you except not even a test yet=). Done all that plus sent complaint letters to Ministers office.

Retained a lawyer now, so let's see if that changes anything.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
same boat as you except not even a test yet=). Done all that plus sent complaint letters to Ministers office.

Retained a lawyer now, so let's see if that changes anything.
Some of my friends were teasing me and saying 'you must have done something illegal...'
I wish I did, then at least I'd know what the delay is about lol

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Some of my friends were teasing me and saying 'you must have done something illegal...'
lol true. No issues with the law. My lawyer told me its probably due to my extensive travel in the past 10 years.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
lol true. No issues with the law. My lawyer told me its probably due to my extensive travel in the past 10 years.
Mine wasn't even extensive...
total of less than 90 days during the eligibility period... 2 countries only, nowhere near the war zone or any problematic areas...

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
All my friends who were saying the same thing to me, and thinking they are getting delayed because of me, already got their citizenship. What an irony!