+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closest area to live in GTA if office is in Bay Street

danishriz

Aug 13, 2017
Hi,

I got a job offer and will be moving to Toronto in July. My office will be in Bay Street which is the financial hub of Toronto.

I am.planning to live in the GTA. Can someone plz guide me which place in GTA should be suitable in terms of daily travel to downtown Toronto.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
How long a commute in either direction would you find acceptable might be the first question which only you could answer. You could for example rent downtown if you can afford it and have a short commute so is not a straight forward answer.

Last edited:

danishriz

Aug 13, 2017
45-60 minutes commute will be fine. im planning to take one bedroom apartment and budget is 1500-1700 cad

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For that price you can have around a 15-30 minute commute probably. Depends on what is available and whether you are including utilities and things like internet. All depends on what you are looking for. There are quite a lot of older apartments in the Yonge and davisville or Yonge and eglington area. You may also want to look at condos in city place. Not sure the going rate these days but they are usually the most affordable condos downtown and that would be in walking distance (20 minutes approx). You have quite a lot of options with your budget.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can live in Toronto proper. Midtown for sure. Maybe downtown for $1700. You will have to look and see what is available. Rent prices downtown have really gone up recently so downtown may no longer be an option. Cityplaace condos are usually the most affordable. Would check kijiji and viewit.ca. 30 minutes or less by subway should be attainable given your budget.

danishriz

Aug 13, 2017
sorry but i dint understand you. by Toronto proper and midtown what do you mean?? cityplace condos are where exactly?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you can get a job on Bay st you can actually google some of these things. GTA (greater Toronto area) is Toronto and the suburbs. Your budget will allow you to live in the city of Toronto. Midtown is halfway to the northern border of Toronto. Cityplace is a complex off Spadina and King area.