+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed workpermit to open urgent help needed

Umairkh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for pnp on January 17 and at that time i was on PGWP and i have no employer restrictions on my nomination but my pgwp expired in June and i applied for closed workpermit lmia exempt through pnp and it got approved last week. I am also eligible under new pgwp policy and i have AOR, my medical is passed and i received Pre arrival Letter.

I drive part-time with doordash on weekends to coverup some of my expenses and i got to know i cannot work for uber eats or doordash while on closed Workpermit.
Now i am wondering can i apply for open workpermit permit using my AOR or Should i apply for PGWP under policy because i have the work authorization Letter for pgwp as well.

I need to work part-time or else meeting my expenses would be really hard.

I am not sure when my PR will get approved because i Got PAL letter on August 25 and i am still waiting.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for pnp on January 17 and at that time i was on PGWP and i have no employer restrictions on my nomination but my pgwp expired in June and i applied for closed workpermit lmia exempt through pnp and it got approved last week. I am also eligible under new pgwp policy and i have AOR, my medical is passed and i received Pre arrival Letter.

I drive part-time with doordash on weekends to coverup some of my expenses and i got to know i cannot work for uber eats or doordash while on closed Workpermit.
Now i am wondering can i apply for open workpermit permit using my AOR or Should i apply for PGWP under policy because i have the work authorization Letter for pgwp as well.

I need to work part-time or else meeting my expenses would be really hard.

I am not sure when my PR will get approved because i Got PAL letter on August 25 and i am still waiting.
You don’t seem to qualify for an OWP. If you qualify for a PGWP you can apply for that. Please verify that you qualify before applying because you are no longer applying for a PGWP extension if already on a CWP. Now that you are on a closed WP you must wait until PGWP is approved before working for door dash or ubereats.