+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed Work Permit Non-GTS LMIA Timeline From India

aarzoo1809

Apr 13, 2022
Hi,

I applied for a closed work permit online from India with Non-GTS LMIA on 19th February 2021, and provided my medical in September, which got updated in the application also. But I haven't heard anything from IRCC yet and its been over 60 Weeks now!

Can someone provide me with some information about the timeline from India for Closed Work Permit Under Non-GTS LMIA category!

Thanks

bpc

Mar 16, 2022
Hi,

I applied for a closed work permit online from India with Non-GTS LMIA on 19th February 2021, and provided my medical in September, which got updated in the application also. But I haven't heard anything from IRCC yet and its been over 60 Weeks now!

Can someone provide me with some information about the timeline from India for Closed Work Permit Under Non-GTS LMIA category!

Thanks
hi there,
do you know which office is processing your file? if they have started eligibility review yet?

aarzoo1809

Apr 13, 2022
Actually I requested GCMS notes in October 2021, and it had the following details:

Primary Office: Delhi
Secondary Office: Vienna

Assessments

Eligibility: Review Required
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete

Last edited:

bpc

Mar 16, 2022
Actually I requested GCMS notes in October 2021, and it had the following details:

Primary Office: Delhi
Secondary Office: Vienna

Assessments

Eligibility: Review Required
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
where did you apply from? did you try calling ircc to see if they have stared your review yet?

aarzoo1809

Apr 13, 2022
where did you apply from? did you try calling ircc to see if they have stared your review yet?
We applied online and tried submitting webform couple of times, but the only response from them is that due to covid delays we can't provide any timeline on processing of your application, just wait and keep checking your IRCC account!

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Hi,

Thanks
Hi ,

medical is important for work permit? Because one of my friends he applied work permit and got approved without medical, also I applied closed work permit and haven’t received medical request so far. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi ,

medical is important for work permit? Because one of my friends he applied work permit and got approved without medical, also I applied closed work permit and haven’t received medical request so far. Thanks
Medicals are required for certain countries.

aarzoo1809

Apr 13, 2022
Can somebody share their timeline if they got approval recently for closed work permit in non-gts category?

Last edited:

aarzoo1809

Apr 13, 2022
Hi ,

Hey, When did you apply and was that non-gts category of closed work permit?

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Hey, When did you apply and was that non-gts category of closed work permit?
Hi,
Yes it is closed work permit non-gts and still waiting for decision. I applied closed work permit, open work permit for my wife and 3 dependent study permit for my kids on 10th of March. My country showing 2 weeks processing time but now 8 weeks have gone.

aarzoo1809

Apr 13, 2022
Hi,
Yes it is closed work permit non-gts and still waiting for decision. I applied closed work permit, open work permit for my wife and 3 dependent study permit for my kids on 10th of March. My country showing 2 weeks processing time but now 8 weeks have gone.
Can we do all that together just with the LMIA?
I thought we have to have primary applicant's work visa approved and after primary applicant arrives and starts working then only we can apply for spouse and children visa.