+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed work permit - Change of location - Query

humbled

Feb 27, 2023
Hi All,

I am planning to relocate from Toronto to Calgary. My company has submitted an application to change the location in my work permit (closed work permit) from Toronto to Calgary.

Query - When i get the approval, how soon should i relocate ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

I am planning to relocate from Toronto to Calgary. My company has submitted an application to change the location in my work permit (closed work permit) from Toronto to Calgary.

Query - When i get the approval, how soon should i relocate ?
Immediately. Once your location changes, you cannot work in Toronto.

Vani79

Dec 29, 2017
Hi. I hope you don't mind. Did your employer succeeded in changing the location of your work permit? I'm on the same boat but don't know how to go about it. Did your employer have to apply for a new LMIA? Thanks!

humbled

Feb 27, 2023
Yes. The employer applied for a change of office location. I couldnt relocate until I received the new work permit.

Vani79

Dec 29, 2017
Yes. The employer applied for a change of office location. I couldnt relocate until I received the new work permit.
Thanks for responding.

Did they have to apply for a new LMIA? Or really just the change of location with IRCC? Coz my LMIA indicates BC as my work location, so I couldn't go to the border to change my work permit location. I'm wondering what your employer showed IRCC as proof that you can move to another province.