+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed work permit, but with broken study permit conditions at POE

DjonnyMc

Dec 21, 2019
Hello guys,

I need some help. I was previously studying in Canada and dropped out 1-2 months before going back to my country for applying for work permit.

For the 1-2 months I was working in my sponsoring company part-time.

I put this information on my work permit application that I have indeed broken it and went back to my country
to normalize my status, because in all honesty, I thought that I was working legally as I had study permit.

If I would now go to apply at Port of Entry, will this cause problems for me? My permit processing has taken 3 months now and there is some level of urgency for me to start my work. How can I prepare for the bombardment of questions from the immigration officer?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys,

I need some help. I was previously studying in Canada and dropped out 1-2 months before going back to my country for applying for work permit.

For the 1-2 months I was working in my sponsoring company part-time.

I put this information on my work permit application that I have indeed broken it and went back to my country
to normalize my status, because in all honesty, I thought that I was working legally as I had study permit.

If I would now go to apply at Port of Entry, will this cause problems for me? My permit processing has taken 3 months now and there is some level of urgency for me to start my work. How can I prepare for the bombardment of questions from the immigration officer?
How long ago did you leave Canada? When did you apply for the work permit?

You were working illegally. Illegal work normally triggers a six month work permit ban. Did you wait 6 months after leaving Canada before applying for the work permit?

Also - what country are you from? There are limitations as to who can apply for a work permit at port of entry.