+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Client location or Employer location in Work history for Express Entry

ksd_1970

Nov 30, 2018
Hi All,

I have some questions while filing details for my express entry invitation, can some one please help me.

1. In work history, Do I need to provide my employer address(Texas) or the client address(Illinois) where I am working at. I work for a consulting company and my working location is at Clients office, please advise.
  2. In the employment verification letter, do we need to specify the client location address as well or its not needed.
  3. In my personal history, I gave my employer name again but this time I specified that I am Illinois since that is where I am residing at not at my employer's location, will this create any problem since In work history I said Texas and here I said Illinois.

Thanks so much for your help.

Thanks,
KSD

jokerdurden

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Hi All,

I have some questions while filing details for my express entry invitation, can some one please help me.

1. In work history, Do I need to provide my employer address(Texas) or the client address(Illinois) where I am working at. I work for a consulting company and my working location is at Clients office, please advise.
  2. In the employment verification letter, do we need to specify the client location address as well or its not needed.
  3. In my personal history, I gave my employer name again but this time I specified that I am Illinois since that is where I am residing at not at my employer's location, will this create any problem since In work history I said Texas and here I said Illinois.

Thanks so much for your help.

Thanks,
KSD
Hello, I'm on the same boat as you. I got the ITA and I'm in the process of filling my PR application now. So my employer address is in Edison, New Jersey and I worked as a contractor at a client location in Boston, MA. In the work history tab, I gave my employer's address which is Edison, NJ).
My employer reference letters doesn't say that I work at a client location.

So my question is that

1) In the personal history section, do I need to mention my client's location as Boston, MA instead of my employer's location (Edison, New Jersey)?

2) Also, I got a letter from my client manager which says I worked as a contractor with them through my employer. Is it advisable to upload this client letter with my application and explain it on LOE?

@ksd_1970 @ishangodbole Please help me, guys! I really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks in advance!

ksd_1970

Nov 30, 2018
Hello, I'm on the same boat as you. I got the ITA and I'm in the process of filling my PR application now. So my employer address is in Edison, New Jersey and I worked as a contractor at a client location in Boston, MA. In the work history tab, I gave my employer's address which is Edison, NJ).
My employer reference letters doesn't say that I work at a client location.

So my question is that

1) In the personal history section, do I need to mention my client's location as Boston, MA instead of my employer's location (Edison, New Jersey)?

2) Also, I got a letter from my client manager which says I worked as a contractor with them through my employer. Is it advisable to upload this client letter with my application and explain it on LOE?

@ksd_1970 @ishangodbole Please help me, guys! I really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks in advance!
From what I got from others who replied to me on this thread, you should not specify your client information anywhere and all you need to specify is your employer information. Even though you give your client address in personal history as that is where you are working, you dont need to specify the client name. I dont think its a good idea to upload client letter.

jokerdurden

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
From what I got from others who replied to me on this thread, you should not specify your client information anywhere and all you need to specify is your employer information. Even though you give your client address in personal history as that is where you are working, you dont need to specify the client name. I dont think its a good idea to upload client letter.
Thanks @ksd_1970 for your quick reply! So, do you recommend that I put my client's location in the personal activity section as I physically worked and resided there?

Reactions: ksd_1970

ksd_1970

Nov 30, 2018
Thanks @ksd_1970 for your quick reply! So, do you recommend that I put my client's location in the personal activity section as I physically worked and resided there?
That is what I did and my application is still in processing, so I can not confirm but I am telling you what I did. I kept my client address in personal history.

jokerdurden

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
That is what I did and my application is still in processing, so I can not confirm but I am telling you what I did. I kept my client address in personal history.
Thanks, bro for your response. Did you explain about this in LOE, to make it clear for the VO?

Reactions: ksd_1970

Thiaga

Aug 14, 2019
I didn't since one of my friends got PR in a similar situation last year and he said its fine, you dont need to explain again.
Hi, Am on the same situation, filling my Post ITA form. I could see my Work History details (with my employer's City/State in USA) already populated under my personal history section, should I change them to my Client's location City/State as that is where I actually worked? or should I leave it with my employer's location details in Personal History section as well. Please comment. Also let me know if you had any difficulties or got any questions on the way you entered in your PR application. Thanks In Advance.

Thiaga

Aug 14, 2019
Hi, Please let me know what you have entered in Personal activity section. Like you I have provided employer head quarter address in Work history now I wanted to confirm if I need to provide client location (City/State) in personal activity section. Please let me know what you have done and did you get any questions related to this from CIC for your PR application? Please respond..

mariee81

Aug 5, 2020
Hi all,
I work as an independent consultant for a single company since 3 years.

I have the reference letter from this company which will include my payment, hours, duties etc.

But please suggest what I need to fill in the EE form under?
1. Employer/company name?
2. Do I check 'self-employed'

Please help!

sathwik-c

Apr 27, 2022
I didn't since one of my friends got PR in a similar situation last year and he said its fine, you dont need to explain again.
I am in the same situation. My employer is in texas but I am located in NJ and payroll is in NJ. Should I put keep Employer's texas address in the Work History section but update Nj Address in my Personal History?

Can Anyone confirm if you have any issues?