19-04-2018
Med's Done....
21-04-2018
Passport Req..
15-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
Hello friends,

i have a question which i am confused about. i think someone of you might be able to help me. presently i am working as Engineer officer - water transport (NOC 2274). generally people become Engineer officers by studying marine engineering for 4 years. however, in my case , i have studied Mechanical engineering through out. I passed a 3 years Diploma in Mechanical engineering and then completed a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Basically, i am a mechanical engineer who landed up in Water transport as Engineer officer. When i see my NOC 2273, i also see in the "classified elsewhere " section "Mechanical engineer " NOC 2132.
If i talk about the duties we do,

Mechanical engineers perform some or all of the following duties:

Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems
Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems
Design power plants, machines, components, tools, fixtures and equipment
Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures
Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems at construction sites or in industrial facilities
Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs and provide guidance to industrial maintenance crews
Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems
Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for industrial construction or maintenance
Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.

i do the above blue coloured duties out of mechanical engineers duties. i realise it is not covering all but our jobs are purely mechanical in nature and i have studied as mechanical engineer not as marine engineer.
My question is whether it is acceptable to apply as a Mechanical engineer instead of Engineer officer-water transport. Any help will be greatly appreciated by me

gocan2015

May 6, 2016
Did you got a solution to it, i am as in the same boat as yours. I did my mecHANical engineering in BE but currently i am working in a power generation company which matches the profile of POWER engineer NOC.

Confusesd i am.

gorukh

May 30, 2017
Hi

I do have the same query. Did you found the answer to it?
I HAVE mechanical engineering background and working as marine engineer
can you plz give your insights?

Regards

Hello friends,

i have a question which i am confused about. i think someone of you might be able to help me. presently i am working as Engineer officer - water transport (NOC 2274). generally people become Engineer officers by studying marine engineering for 4 years. however, in my case , i have studied Mechanical engineering through out. I passed a 3 years Diploma in Mechanical engineering and then completed a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Basically, i am a mechanical engineer who landed up in Water transport as Engineer officer. When i see my NOC 2273, i also see in the "classified elsewhere " section "Mechanical engineer " NOC 2132.
If i talk about the duties we do,

Mechanical engineers perform some or all of the following duties:

Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems
Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems
Design power plants, machines, components, tools, fixtures and equipment
Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures
Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems
at construction sites or in industrial facilities
Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs and provide guidance to industrial maintenance crews
Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems

Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for industrial construction or maintenance
Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.

i do the above blue coloured duties out of mechanical engineers duties. i realise it is not covering all but our jobs are purely mechanical in nature and i have studied as mechanical engineer not as marine engineer.
My question is whether it is acceptable to apply as a Mechanical engineer instead of Engineer officer-water transport. Any help will be greatly appreciated by me

tbamrah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
anybody got the solution for this querry,
I'have also done btech in mechanical.
now working as a marine engineer,sailing.

faizaans

Nov 1, 2018
when picking up a NOC CODE it is more important for the job duties to match rather then the job title. There are many videos on youtube regarding how to pick your NOC code. Do check that because there have been times where the immigration officer has rejected the application for the same reason

tbamrah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Code should reflect your job responsibilities and not the title.
So for us NOC 2274 is applied

Jan 2, 2015
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2018
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Med's Done....
21-04-2018
Passport Req..
15-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
Hi

I do have the same query. Did you found the answer to it?
I HAVE mechanical engineering background and working as marine engineer
can you plz give your insights?

Regards
i applied with NOC 2274 and if u are in same situation it is advised to apply as NOC 2274