+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Classes Online + FT job

Amit25July

Feb 8, 2021
Hi,

I have a very interesting question. I am working full time in India and my classes of Canada Univ are starting in online mode from Sep 21. So my query is - Can I do FT job in India and FT online sessions at the same time? Will there be any repercussions during PGWP process or PR process? Anyone who knows or experienced it please throw some insights.

Canada_PR555

Apr 28, 2021
This may not be the answer to your question. I am on the same boat , but how did you know your university is starting online from sep 21 ? any official email ?

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
IRCC cannot look up whether you worked or not in India so you can work as long as you want if you are not working under Canadian employer.

Amit25July

Feb 8, 2021
IRCC cannot look up whether you worked or not in India so you can work as long as you want if you are not working under Canadian employer.
Ok. PGWP is fine. But when we have to submit docs for PR, in case invited, they will ask for job and education credentials. So if there is overlap of FT job and FT studies, it would be difficult to explain. Or they wont bother to get any explanation. So would not it be a problem?

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Ok. PGWP is fine. But when we have to submit docs for PR, in case invited, they will ask for job and education credentials. So if there is overlap of FT job and FT studies, it would be difficult to explain. Or they wont bother to get any explanation. So would not it be a problem?
They probably won't bother with it, The only issue with working fulltime while studies is when it comes to pgwp. since you won't be having issues with it, it can't affect in pr as well. IRCC can not get more details on your work abroad.

Amit25July

Feb 8, 2021
They probably won't bother with it, The only issue with working fulltime while studies is when it comes to pgwp. since you won't be having issues with it, it can't affect in pr as well. IRCC can not get more details on your work abroad, while study.
We have to submit experience certificates during PR process. And if there are overlapping FT job and FT study, there could be an issue. Thats what I think but not sure how would it happen.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
No issue with PGWP as long as you were not yet physically in Canada. Only problem is with you being able to juggle both.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I've even seen IRCC say that if you are IN Canada and work remotely for a non-Canadian company, you are not bound by the 20 hours limitation.

Amit25July

Feb 8, 2021
No issue with PGWP as long as you were not yet physically in Canada. Only problem is with you being able to juggle both.
I agree for PGWP. But what about PR documentation? I would be given FT experience letter for an overlapped period too. I suspect there could be some issue but problem is no one will ask us - its yes or no during PR process.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I agree for PGWP. But what about PR documentation? I would be given FT experience letter for an overlapped period too. I suspect there could be some issue but problem is no one will ask us - its yes or no during PR process.
It still shouldn't be an issue. 20-hour rule only applies if you are working in canada for a canadian company. If a rule doesn't apply, how can you break it?

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
There wont be any issue with other economic streams for Permanent Residence