+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Class Starting Date Overdue

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
Happy new year everyone :)

However it's not very happy for me, since CIC has not yet made any decision on my study permit since 9th Oct. My class supposedly start today, 4th January.

My question is will CIC still release study permit? They should be aware that I submitted 3 months ago since last year and the only information I've got was "application under review in Ottawa", according visa section and there's nothing they can do to speed up the process.

Anyone experienced getting their study permit despite class starting date has overdue?

PS: I already informed my campus, they will release a new letter after study permit is out then

sisi123

Star Member
May 25, 2015
hi, i have the same problem classes start this week and no reply after getting medicals done and sending police clearance. i hope i still get the visa. i applied around the same time as you.

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
sisi123 said:
hi, i have the same problem classes start this week and no reply after getting medicals done and sending police clearance. i hope i still get the visa. i applied around the same time as you.
I wish the best for both of us. To be honest I'm losing hope and respect with CIC, but sadly I don't have any authority in this matter.

Hopefully some good news come before end of this week :)

Nissshann

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
betteka said:
Happy new year everyone :)

However it's not very happy for me, since CIC has not yet made any decision on my study permit since 9th Oct. My class supposedly start today, 4th January.

My question is will CIC still release study permit? They should be aware that I submitted 3 months ago since last year and the only information I've got was "application under review in Ottawa", according visa section and there's nothing they can do to speed up the process.

Anyone experienced getting their study permit despite class starting date has overdue?

PS: I already informed my campus, they will release a new letter after study permit is out then
me too brother experiencing same situation. My class starts on tomorrow 5th January. My consultant didn't inform clg for extension. What to do now ?

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
Nissshann said:
me too brother experiencing same situation. My class starts on tomorrow 5th January. My consultant didn't inform clg for extension. What to do now ?
You better contact your campus directly and explain the situation. They will understand and give you an extension period.

Nissshann

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
betteka said:
You better contact your campus directly and explain the situation. They will understand and give you an extension period.
okay thankiu for the reference. I will ask my consultant to apply for extension or else I will apply by myself.

phoenix9

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
I have lost all the hope for study permit for January 2016 intake. Canada visa office in New Delhi gave no response.

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
phoenix9 said:
I have lost all the hope for study permit for January 2016 intake. Canada visa office in New Delhi gave no response.
What's your next plan friend? Refund or next semester?

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
phoenix9 said:
What's your next plan friend? Refund or next semester?

phoenix9

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
If u are asking me next semester

phoenix9

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Okay so what I am thinking is wait until my acceptance letter expires. Then ask embassy to cancel this application and start all over new.
Bettaka why don't you email or call or anything that's possible if you haven't done it to the embassy?

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
phoenix9 said:
Okay so what I am thinking is wait until my acceptance letter expires. Then ask embassy to cancel this application and start all over new.
Bettaka why don't you email or call or anything that's possible if you haven't done it to the embassy?
Oh I already did, few times. They never responded.

The last response was "under review" that's all with no explanation whatsoever. You can't call the embassy regarding visa application, I got a harsh rejection from trying.

sisi123

Star Member
May 25, 2015
why would you ask the embassy to cancel your application? should i assume my visa will be denied because they took forever to process my application? that wouldn't make any sense at all.

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
sisi123 said:
why would you ask the embassy to cancel your application? should i assume my visa will be denied because they took forever to process my application? that wouldn't make any sense at all.
Why would you assume your visa will be denied?