+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Class confusion & questions about inland spousal sponsorship in QC after AOR

PeteBoubou

May 16, 2024
Hi everyone. I'm the principal applicant in an inland application submitted on 2024-04-27. My husband received the AOR today, 2024-05-16. As we are in QC, I'd like to ask if we have to wait for a sponsor approval letter from the IRCC too or if we can start the MIFI process based on the AOR? Has anyone else been in this situation?

I am very worried about something that appeared in the email (the AOR) and later on, in my account after I created the tracker for the application. While I was doing the application, the class was "spouse in Canada" on the platform as that is what I had selected. However the email says "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received" and in my tracker account, where the Type is listed, it's written "Family Class (spouse)". If I go to filter the application type, though, I can't find a category for the Spouse in Canada Class, so my question is... is this a generic way of calling it Family without it being assumed to be an outland application?
I am worried out of my mind right now that it might have been mistakenly categorized as an outland application and that we risk waiting for a response for up to four years (instead of the 27 months that an inland sponsorship takes in QC). Not to mention I really want to continue living with my husband.
Has anyone else who has gone through the inland sponsorship encountered the same thing?