+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarity around CES ECA

paps82

Dec 21, 2017
Friends,

Am preparing to apply for Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for my wife via CES.She done her Bachelors from india and when i check for country specific documents [1], it states that,

To submitted online by applicant

a) Final or provisional diploma/degree certificate.

My question is does only provisional certificate is sufficent or we must to submit the final degree certificate? My wife didn't applied for degree certificate post completion of her course and have only provisional certificate now.

b) Verified/attested mark sheets or statement of marks issued by the State Board of Technical Education, and/or the University Registrar/the Controller of Examinations, or one of their deputies.

And my question around here is she aready have consolidated marksheet for all three years instead of individual marksheet semester or year wise? Does this mean we need to request the university to get this attested copy of consolidated marksheet
(stamped, signed, and dated by the Registrar/the Controller of Examinations) and request that to be in a sealed institution envelope with an institution stamp, a seal, or a signature over the back flap?

[1] https://learn.utoronto.ca/comparative-education-service/apply-now/new-applicants/country-document-requirements

Any one sucesfully done CES ECA using provisional certificate shed some light on this?

PS: She done here Bachelor of Commerce from RAMA DEVI WOMENS'S AUTONOMOUS College, Bhubaneswar, India back in March 2009 and it was part of Utkal university and now its and changed to Rama Devi Women's University in 2015.

aditya9787

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Kolkata
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
She needs to upload the provisional certificate and the consolidated marksheet in her application. Final degree is not required and attestation is not required. Apart from this, official transcripts need to be sent to CES via post. She can either ask the university to send to CES directly or collect the sealed envelope and send it herself.

ani.ak.sharma

Nov 15, 2019
Query CES ECA - Do we have to pay for international courier for hard copy. OR we can download soft copy from website also ?

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Query CES ECA - Do we have to pay for international courier for hard copy. OR we can download soft copy from website also ?
you have to pay for both now

aditya9787

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Kolkata
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
CES no longer provides the preview soft copy. You need to pay $32 for an official soft copy that looks like this : https://imgur.com/a/r9Ybotk

You do not need the hard copy for the PR application process if you get this soft copy. You can choose "Pick Up" or "Regular Mail Service within Canada" options for delivery which don't cost anything and then order the soft copy to save on courier charges (If you have someone in Toronto who can pick up the hard copy at a later date or someone in the rest of Canada whose address you can use.)

If you do not know anyone in Canada, choose "Regular Mail Service International" for $10 + 13% HST and the soft copy for $32 and save 50% on courier charges.

If you had multiple credentials assessed such as a bachelors and a masters, the soft copy and hard copy will mention all of them. You do not have to pay per credential.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hannan Khan

jaspaladil

Aug 16, 2017
Hi..

If we add Post Graduation and Graduation separately as Credential 1 and credential 2 then CES is charging double fees 2 x $210... Is it the way or can we avoid the double fees ?

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Hi..

If we add Post Graduation and Graduation separately as Credential 1 and credential 2 then CES is charging double fees 2 x $210... Is it the way or can we avoid the double fees ?
no you cannot they charge per credential

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
In my CES ECA login...I am not able to see option of ordering of Soft copy..how to order soft copy
call them or send them an email they will guide you how to get the soft copy

jaspaladil

Aug 16, 2017
no you cannot they charge per credential
If we have PG then is it ok if we submit only PG credentials and not the Graduation credentials?

Or can they evaluate us Masters only with the basis of Post Graduation Transcripts and without adding/sending Graduation details?

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
you can submit even your highest education document without sending bachelors along

Sohaibkq

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
CES no longer provides the preview soft copy. You need to pay $32 for an official soft copy that looks like this : https://imgur.com/a/r9Ybotk

You do not need the hard copy for the PR application process if you get this soft copy. You can choose "Pick Up" or "Regular Mail Service within Canada" options for delivery which don't cost anything and then order the soft copy to save on courier charges (If you have someone in Toronto who can pick up the hard copy at a later date or someone in the rest of Canada whose address you can use.)

If you do not know anyone in Canada, choose "Regular Mail Service International" for $10 + 13% HST and the soft copy for $32 and save 50% on courier charges.

If you had multiple credentials assessed such as a bachelors and a masters, the soft copy and hard copy will mention all of them. You do not have to pay per credential.

I have a friend in Toronto who is willing to pick up when it is due. DO I need to authorize him or inform CES?

aditya9787

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Kolkata
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have a friend in Toronto who is willing to pick up when it is due. DO I need to authorize him or inform CES?
You need to email them your friend's name and your friend has to carry a photo ID. CES will send you an email when it is ready for pickup and it will mention your friend's name as third part authorization.