+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification for child tax filling for citizenship application

THS

Jan 3, 2021
I have one clarification about citizenship application for my daughter turned 18 in last 31 Dec 2021. As per citizenship application, minimum 3 years tax filling out of 3 years is required. She just turned 18 and before 18 tax filling was not required and not done as per my understanding. Should I write NO to (required to file) and NO to (filled) for all 5 years or she need to file for 2021 since turned 18 on 31st. Should I wait to file tax or no need. Also will it impact negatively on citizenship application.? Appreciate your advice.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I have one clarification about citizenship application for my daughter turned 18 in last 31 Dec 2021. As per citizenship application, minimum 3 years tax filling out of 3 years is required. She just turned 18 and before 18 tax filling was not required and not done as per my understanding. Should I write NO to (required to file) and NO to (filled) for all 5 years or she need to file for 2021 since turned 18 on 31st. Should I wait to file tax or no need. Also will it impact negatively on citizenship application.? Appreciate your advice.
1. If she wasn't required to file (no income), Then the answer is No and No.
2. You know that she is required to apply for citizenship as an adult, not included in your family application.

THS

Jan 3, 2021
Thanks for your response. Yes she will be applying as a adult, but my question was, since she just turned 18 now and has not file tax for minimum 3 years which is I think one of the requirement of citizenship application. So her application will be approved or no and will it have negative impact.