+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification about WES Process

SSingh2

Sep 15, 2016
I had done my MBA in 2005 from an institute which was not recognized by AIU (Association of Indian Universities) then. So my WES credential report mentions only a 4 years BAchelor's degree as the Canadian Equivalency.
The institute last year got recognition from AIU. Now i wrote back to WES that they should re-evaluate my PG Diploma as it is now recognised by AIU. They wrote back that "Since you earned your degree in 2005 and the recognition is awarded in 2016, your PG degree will not be recognised. It will be recognised only for those students who get degrees on or post 2016."
1. Now is this actually the rule?
2. Should i re-apply entirely with a new email id and new fees for the revaluation and hope they recognise my PG Diploma and I get more points?
3.Any other educational credential assessment agency other than WES which can recognise the PG Diploma with the given peculiar case of mine?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
WES is right. The recognition is for future students (those who get their degree after it has been recognised). At the time of your degree, the institute was not recognised.

Anithacan

Jun 19, 2020
can u
I had done my MBA in 2005 from an institute which was not recognized by AIU (Association of Indian Universities) then. So my WES credential report mentions only a 4 years BAchelor's degree as the Canadian Equivalency.
The institute last year got recognition from AIU. Now i wrote back to WES that they should re-evaluate my PG Diploma as it is now recognised by AIU. They wrote back that "Since you earned your degree in 2005 and the recognition is awarded in 2016, your PG degree will not be recognised. It will be recognised only for those students who get degrees on or post 2016."
1. Now is this actually the rule?
2. Should i re-apply entirely with a new email id and new fees for the revaluation and hope they recognise my PG Diploma and I get more points?
3.Any other educational credential assessment agency other than WES which can recognise the PG Diploma with the given peculiar case of mine?
can u please share the name of the university. Both self and my cousin has decided to proceed with our canada PR process and just to boost our CRS score , we are planning to do one year PG Diploma course. But we are worried which course and university we have to select. The university we are planning is Alagappa university (Karaikudi) and Madurai Kamaraj University, We are thinking how we can take it forward.