+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming work experience and full time education at the same time

Shiva Kumar

Oct 7, 2020
Hi All,

I have read in few other posts that for applicants outside Canada it is not a problem to claim experience(since I have all the documents including offer letter, payslips, form16 everything) along with the full time education(by correspondence) at the same. However, my questions to experts are:-

1) Do I need to mention it in LOE? If so what exactly do I need to mention?
2) Although Wes has evaluated it as masters will CIC again contact university or will this create problems?

Experts please answer.. As I have received ITA and have to file the application ASAP.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. LOE for what? You can claim experience during studies as long as you have one year, full time continuous skilled work in one NOC. An offer letter is not enough. It must be an experience or reference letter.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s04

2. If you have WES then CIC isn’t going to contact your university.

Reactions: Shiva Kumar

Shiva Kumar

Oct 7, 2020
Thanks @Naturgrl

I have continues work experience of 4+ years. Let me tell you the exact dates.

I've done my MCA from 2016-19

Meanwhile I have been working with my current organisation from 2016 till date.

Yes I have offer letter, payslips, reference letters(which mentions my roles and responsibilities)

My question is since I am putting this period as an overlap in the personal history(2016-2019) should I explain something in LOE?

2) Yes WES has already evaluated it as masters was just concerned about if CIC reaches out to university it might take much longer as University is closed due to Covid-19

Shiva Kumar

Oct 7, 2020
Thanks @Naturgrl

I have continues work experience of 4+ years. Let me tell you the exact dates.

I've done my MCA from 2016-19

Meanwhile I have been working with my current organisation from 2016 till date.

Yes I have offer letter, payslips, reference letters(which mentions my roles and responsibilities)

My question is since I am putting this period as an overlap in the personal history(2016-2019) should I explain something in LOE?

2) Yes WES has already evaluated it as masters was just concerned about if CIC reaches out to university it might take much longer as University is closed due to Covid-19

And also my university in a different state. So I thought if visa officer might get a doubt that how can a person be at two different places at the same time

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Again you can claim your work experience. Many people do remote work or online studies so don’t worry about the two being in different states.

Saï Ram 15

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Hi @Naturgrl

Please help me with this

Hi,
I've done two bachelors degree
One majoring in business
The other one is psychology

I can get wes for both

But my work experience is only in business management

So my doubt is though I don't have any experience related to the second degree, just having it in my profile and selecting two or more degrees is OK?

Or will the vo reject the second degree immediately

Please give me your thoughts on this
Thanks a lot

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi @Naturgrl

Please help me with this

Hi,
I've done two bachelors degree
One majoring in business
The other one is psychology

I can get wes for both

But my work experience is only in business management

So my doubt is though I don't have any experience related to the second degree, just having it in my profile and selecting two or more degrees is OK?

Or will the vo reject the second degree immediately

Please give me your thoughts on this
Thanks a lot
Your Work experience doesn’t need to match your education. You can use two degree if WES assesses them as such.

Reactions: Saï Ram 15

Saï Ram 15

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
@Naturgrl I've One more doubt please

As soon I completed high school I joined for my
bachelor degree(business) in (distance education) and I started working full time from the day I started my bachelors.

My degree is 3 years (ug)

Wes Canadian equivalent is 3 years bachelors

My degree is wes approved

I guess in wes they would mention that it's a correspondence degree too in wes report

My work is full time and paid
I have salary slips, references letter, tax files

My work and studies have no connection, in the sense I've read somewhere "if work is a part of studies we can't claim that experience"

Can I claim points for my work experience (3 years)

Or is it that, the experience from the day after completing bachelors is counted as experience for EE.

Please give me your thoughts and insights to this also if you know anyone who's succeded with a similar profile as mine let me know

Thank you so much!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl I've One more doubt please

As soon I completed high school I joined for my
bachelor degree(business) in (distance education) and I started working full time from the day I started my bachelors.

My degree is 3 years (ug)

Wes Canadian equivalent is 3 years bachelors

My degree is wes approved

I guess in wes they would mention that it's a correspondence degree too in wes report

My work is full time and paid
I have salary slips, references letter, tax files

My work and studies have no connection, in the sense I've read somewhere "if work is a part of studies we can't claim that experience"

Can I claim points for my work experience (3 years)

Or is it that, the experience from the day after completing bachelors is counted as experience for EE.

Please give me your thoughts and insights to this also if you know anyone who's succeded with a similar profile as mine let me know

Thank you so much!
As long as you meet the requirements (continuou, one year, skilled in one NOC) f not part of your studies, you can claim it. Read the requirements:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled

Reactions: Saï Ram 15

ridhig1

Oct 17, 2020
URGENT..PLEASE HELP!!!
I completed my first year of a two-year Master's degree (MCOM) and obtained a diploma for completing the first year. Basis this, I got an ECA for my bachelor's (3 yrs) and first year of masters (1 yr diploma mentioned previously) and the results were: Canadian Equivalency 4 yrs for bachelors and 1 yr post-graduate diploma. I was able to get a 471 score and obtain an ITA.

Now, I have completed even the second year of my Masters will upgrade my diploma to a degree however I don't have an ECA for the second year. Is it okay to just not disclose this second year and go with the one-year diploma in my PR application? Because if I disclose the second year I have to say 2 year Masters's degree in the application. Here, when I have to fill in the WES evaluation section, if I say YES it would be incorrect since I only got the first year evaluated. Hence, I decided to just go for the first year diploma in the application. Will this lead to rejection?

Please help @Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
URGENT..PLEASE HELP!!!
I completed my first year of a two-year Master's degree (MCOM) and obtained a diploma for completing the first year. Basis this, I got an ECA for my bachelor's (3 yrs) and first year of masters (1 yr diploma mentioned previously) and the results were: Canadian Equivalency 4 yrs for bachelors and 1 yr post-graduate diploma. I was able to get a 471 score and obtain an ITA.

Now, I have completed even the second year of my Masters will upgrade my diploma to a degree however I don't have an ECA for the second year. Is it okay to just not disclose this second year and go with the one-year diploma in my PR application? Because if I disclose the second year I have to say 2 year Masters's degree in the application. Here, when I have to fill in the WES evaluation section, if I say YES it would be incorrect since I only got the first year evaluated. Hence, I decided to just go for the first year diploma in the application. Will this lead to rejection?

Please help @Naturgrl
If you dont have an ECA for the masters, you can’t include it & you don’t need to mention it since you aren’t using it for your points. If you have an ECA for the degree & the diploma then use that.